Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  7
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2013-2014 Lincoln MKZ - any good? Anything to watch for or stay away from?

Club Supporter

2013-2014 Lincoln MKZ - any good? Anything to watch for or stay away from?

Will have to replace the Lincoln LS sometime this year although I'd hate to lose it but the under-frame is rusted :-(

This is a second car to be used by my wife mainly around Bolton/Caledon during the week and the odd weekend trip. Looking for AWD.

I'm trying to put together a list of used cars to look at and one option on there in addition to the typical Euro cars is another Lincoln like the MKZ for example...mainly because I think there's still a lot of work I can do on it myself without having to take it to a specific shop. I also sat in a couple smaller Lexus models (IS) and find the legroom under the steering wheel pretty tight for a 6-foot tall person.

The 2013-2014 Lincoln MKZ - any good? Anything to watch for or stay away from between the 4 cyl and 6 cyl engines? Parts availability?

I've have not ridden in or driven one as yet.

Is the MKZ like an Edge or an Escape?

Club Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen06GT View Post
    Is the MKZ like an Edge or an Escape?
    The MKZ is their "small" sedan. The MKZ is similar to the LS in size I believe. The MKS is the larger sedan. Only looking for a 4-door sedan.

Mustang Occasionally
    What about an ATS, Richard...?

GM's Alpha platform. Rear or AWD. Nice, sporty size. 4 or 6 Cyl. Manual or Auto. Lots of choices for the enthusiast and a great looking design too, imo.

The Lincolns in comparison are boring pieces of shiat, imo. The last cool Lincoln was the LS and they should have really gone further in that direction rather than dump it for Fusion and Taurus rebadging. The only plus with Lincolns right now is their horrendous resale value - which is a big plus for used buyers like yourself.

Caddy ATS AWD = FTW

Not great Rick I passed on getting one, to many little things they are practically giving them away though

MKZ is based on the same platform as the Fusion. The 13-up cars got the full redesign, and they've been pretty good so far. V6 is only available in the MKZ in this gen, top engine in the Fusion is 2.0L Ecoboost. Consider shopping a Fusion Titanium as well, similar equipment level to the MKZ but for less$$.

cheers
    Ed
    12 GT500 coupe
    Instagram: ed._nicholson
    Your Ford dealer in the west GTA - Kennedy Ford Sales
    www.kennedyford.ca - please use the Kennedy Ford SVT TMC account for parts inquiries

Club Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by fast Ed View Post
    MKZ is based on the same platform as the Fusion. The 13-up cars got the full redesign, and they've been pretty good so far. V6 is only available in the MKZ in this gen, top engine in the Fusion is 2.0L Ecoboost. Consider shopping a Fusion Titanium as well, similar equipment level to the MKZ but for less$$.

cheers
    Ed
    I do like the styling of them (especially the last year or so as they tightened up the lines at the rear) but haven't driven one so not sure if they're boring to drive. Of course, my wife probably wouldn't notice because driving the S60R isn't noticeable to her. She does like the LS but that has to do with the seats, etc.

The Fusion Titanium resale seem to be stronger than the Lincolns?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NickD View Post
    Not great Rick I passed on getting one, to many little things they are practically giving them away though
    You mean the ATS?

Club Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Armen View Post
    What about an ATS, Richard...?

GM's Alpha platform. Rear or AWD. Nice, sporty size. 4 or 6 Cyl. Manual or Auto. Lots of choices for the enthusiast and a great looking design too, imo.

The Lincolns in comparison are boring pieces of shiat, imo. The last cool Lincoln was the LS and they should have really gone further in that direction rather than dump it for Fusion and Taurus rebadging. The only plus with Lincolns right now is their horrendous resale value - which is a big plus for used buyers like yourself.
    I do like the look of the ATS but don't know that much about them - seem like a nice sized car (doesn't look too big). Don't know much about them so will look into them. I think they're pretty new on the market so not sure if there are a lot of resales available after the first production year.

I like the fact that the Lincolns have poor resale value since it's good for buyers like me (so if the ATS resale is like the Lincoln then that's a good thing for used car buyers) - I can get a decent car and pay cash for it. Haven't had car payments for several years so would prefer to avoid them for any extended period.

Bought the LS from Fines Ford Lincoln at 4 years old, fully loaded with 75K on the odometer for $16K, and the car at 14 years old has 260K now. If I was Krowning it every year I'd get a few more years out of it because the motor, tranny, and everything else works well and it still has good power and torque.

Club Supporter
    Just did a search on the ATS and they are pretty cheap on resale - seeing a lot of them around the $20K mark with reasonably low mileage. Are they lemons?