Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  7
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2013-2014 Lincoln MKZ - any good? Anything to watch for or stay away from?

I don't know a single person with an ATS who hasn't had a plethora of issues with it
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

^Its a Cadillac after all, lol.

I'd go for a Fusion, great cars along his they are very prone to rotting in the rockers, front fenders and rear wheelwells as with most other Fords. Find a clean one and Krown it.

My father in law had a 2009 and a 2012. The o9 was sold to his son and is now over 100,000 km. No trouble to speak of. The '12 has only 45000 km. I drove it to Florida twice including this January. Runs like a freight train on the highway.
    We currently have a '16 Fusion, loaded, with all the driver's assist stuff and with the 2l turbo. Approaching 30,000 km with not a single warranty issue. A good friend of mine drives a 14 MKZ (albeit in California) and says it's the best car he ever had.
    1971 Avanti II,
    '89 Coupe, , 22 Bronco sport
    '21 Bronco 4-door, 22 Mustang vert
    '18 Ecosport, , 96 Mustang GT vert

Quote Originally Posted by Ponyryd View Post
    ^Its a Cadillac after all, lol.
    Entry Model Cadillac, my dad's had everything from the STS to CTS-V and every truck they've made. All have been stellar. However all the entry level stuff Caddy puts out like the Catera, base ATS, first gen CTS, seems to be plagued with issues.

Mustang Occasionally
    Quote Originally Posted by Laffs View Post
    Entry Model Cadillac, my dad's had everything from the STS to CTS-V and every truck they've made. All have been stellar. However all the entry level stuff Caddy puts out like the Catera, base ATS, first gen CTS, seems to be plagued with issues.
    Such as? All the reviews I've read seem pretty good. Same with owner reviews after some time. CUE infotainment system gets panned a lot tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Armen View Post
    Such as? All the reviews I've read seem pretty good. Same with owner reviews after some time. CUE infotainment system gets panned a lot tho.
    Lots of wiring/electrical gremlins (related to CUE, Cluster and other control functions) transmission issues, and a big chunk of the first run 2.0T cars had motor issues.

Mustang Occasionally
    Yes, I see that there were some manual and auto transmission issues that were recalled and corrected. Same with the motor - preignition problem that a pcm flash seemed to correct. The big problem is that if the motor suffered preignition too much before a fix, some had to be replaced. So if one was buying an early ATS, they'd want to ensure these issues were addressed.

Club Supporter
    I read about some issues with the 6 cyl motor (timing chain related?) but did not see a lot with the 2.0T. I figure that the 2013 model year should be avoided but hopefully they worked out issues by the second year. Lincoln had similar issues as well.

Club Supporter
    Looked at a couple 2014 ATS in Bolton tonight and it's a nice looking car - I saw on the ATS forums that some of the first year issues were worked out for 2014. The glossy interior parts didn't look too bad but the sun was almost down by the time I got there. Sitting in the driver's seat I will say that I had enough room for my legs (knees specifically which I don't like jammed too close to the steering wheel/column) and head. More space than the IS250. I didn't look at the back seat but read that it's pretty tight although I used to that in the S60R which has very thick uprights in the front seats.

Will go back on the weekend and take one for a drive. They're going for about $20K still under bumper to bumper GM warranty (4 years or 80K warranty) and 2-3 years left on the Powertain warranty (up to 6 years or 110K).

Concerned about the Run Flat tires. No space for a spare so converting to regular tires can be problematic with a smallish trunk. Seen lots of folks online have issues that cannot be repaired and having to wait one or more days to get a replacement (depending on location when the flat occurs). Anyone have cars with Run Flat tires? Experience?

Club Supporter
    There are no used MKZs or MKSs in Bolton in the age/price range I'm looking for so will have to check in Toronto or other areas (there's a Ford dealer in Brantford with a couple in the price/mileage range).