Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: h pipe ???

grabberjay

h pipe ???

i have a 2017 mustang 3.7 w roush cold air intake and magnaflow competition axle back. sounds really good but im looking for an H pipe/res delete for deep tone plus low end tourqe NOT a raspy x pipe anyone had the luck of finding one online or having one custom built in the gta i would like to install on my own

JPG Exhaust in Oakville will do up a custom exhaust for you.

removing resonators/cats from your H pipe will actually make it less deep in tone and will have a loss in torque which sounds like the exact opposite of what your going for...it will make it louder however though...

Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post
    What has GR been talking about non-stop for the last 2 months? Changes the conversation to it no matter what subject you are trying to talk about, LOL.

grabberjay
    im not removing the cats, would never do that

GT Custom Exhaust has done a good deal of custom / one of exhaust work for club members.

The new car season is just around the corner. It might be a good idea to head out to a few meets and hear different set ups before you decide.

grabberjay
    Perfect!

Quote Originally Posted by grabberjay View Post
    im not removing the cats, would never do that
    well you said you were looking for an H pipe with Res delete, didn't know what you meant by that...h pipes generally don't have resonators in them...people confuse them with cats and pre-cats all the time so wasn't sure what you were talking about, regardless, removing anything out of the H pipe will cause it to be come more raspy and higher pitched and even more so on a v6 engine

was just trying to give you a heads up is all...

Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post
    What has GR been talking about non-stop for the last 2 months? Changes the conversation to it no matter what subject you are trying to talk about, LOL.

GR the 2015+ Mustang's mid pipe have a GIANT resonator box in the midpipe. It's not a traditional set up like 99% of people are used to. Swapping to an X or H without the "suitcase" (colloquial term) is a popular mod for those cars.
    Follow me on Instagram @ray721_14gt for car pics and general shenanigans

Because Rayscar!!!!

grabberjay
    No offense was taken brother! none at all, no worries i appreciate all and any comments from experience, i took everything said by all into consideration im just looking to remove my resonator and yes your right it will be louder!!with a standard h pipe in place of the res! so i found a magnaflow tru x muffler/resonator,, its a glasspack type of x pipe, borla makes one for the v6 also witch will actually quiet down my magnaflow axle back give it a deeper tone and increase flow quite a lot, many people are using these with great results in many different types of vehicles on many forums, these resonators on the new 5.0s 3.7s 550s are so restrictive alot of guys are ripping them off asap!! even ford makes res deletes for the 550s now, thanks for any and all info and feedback from everyone! and look forward to going to club meetings ive always loved mustangs and now i have one!! my first and i love it!!!