Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: h pipe ???

Quote Originally Posted by Ray721 View Post
    GR the 2015+ Mustang's mid pipe have a GIANT resonator box in the midpipe. It's not a traditional set up like 99% of people are used to. Swapping to an X or H without the "suitcase" (colloquial term) is a popular mod for those cars.

I didn't know Ford was calling them resonator boxes...

by definition a resonator is an appliance for increasing sound or resonance so by definition if you remove it your exhaust should actually become quieter...

For instance, I have true resonators in my catback, if you put my exhaust up against a guy that just has straight pipe, my car will actually be louder, everyone thinks you can't get any louder than straight pipe, which is not true...

Quote Originally Posted by grabberjay View Post
    No offense was taken brother! none at all, no worries i appreciate all and any comments from experience, i took everything said by all into consideration im just looking to remove my resonator and yes your right it will be louder!!with a standard h pipe in place of the res! so i found a magnaflow tru x muffler/resonator,, its a glasspack type of x pipe, borla makes one for the v6 also witch will actually quiet down my magnaflow axle back give it a deeper tone and increase flow quite a lot, many people are using these with great results in many different types of vehicles on many forums, these resonators on the new 5.0s 3.7s 550s are so restrictive alot of guys are ripping them off asap!! even ford makes res deletes for the 550s now, thanks for any and all info and feedback from everyone! and look forward to going to club meetings ive always loved mustangs and now i have one!! my first and i love it!!!

yeah, if you can find parts that are already made for this, that's the way to go, it will be way cheaper than getting any sort of custom fab done for sure

Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post
    What has GR been talking about non-stop for the last 2 months? Changes the conversation to it no matter what subject you are trying to talk about, LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray721 View Post
    GR the 2015+ Mustang's mid pipe have a GIANT resonator box in the midpipe. It's not a traditional set up like 99% of people are used to.
    That's right. They also put the mufflers on the wrong side of the rear axle.
    -Don____________