Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  3
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gauges in a boosted car...

Question Gauges in a boosted car...

Looking for your thoughts on gauges for a boosted car. There is one stipulation, you can only have two (2) of them. What are your choices?

My first choice will always be BOOST GAUGE followed closely by fuel pressure. Cause your a road course guy, I'd sub coolant temp for the fuel pressure, especially given the complete and utter ridiculous way Ford went about "calculating" coolant temp in the S197 vs reading actual.

Torque program plus old Android phone + wireless adapter and a holder n your all set.

Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    Torque program plus old Android phone + wireless adapter and a holder n your all set.
    This Is what I was thinking of as well. I was lucky enough to get a new phone for my birthday, so I have my old iPhone to use as the "gauge pod".

Get a single one Ngauge, so you can datalog the car, have any narrow band readings and get your tuner to dial the car in.

It also mounts to the vent or to the window with a suction cup. Technology has come a long way of late.

Monera3v
    Monitor all the sensors!!!
    20160714_213311_001.jpg

Can't we just get along?? svo1990mustang's Avatar
    Aeroforce type guage plugs into your OBD II port and gives you a bunch of guages in a small package.

But boost, fuel pressure, wideband a/f are always good to have in a boosted car.

A turbo: Exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster.
    "Small cubes and boost makes Darryl something something.............."

Monera3v
    Quote Originally Posted by svo1990mustang View Post
    Aeroforce type guage plugs into your OBD II port and gives you a bunch of guages in a small package.

But boost, fuel pressure, wideband a/f are always good to have in a boosted car.
    Yup A/F help us figure out some bogging issues I was having. Car would go PIG rich, corrected the glitch and no issues anymore =)

Fuel can be monitored with Areoforce, so can S-trim and L-trims
    IAT you will want to monitor.

So.... Areoforce and A/F would be my best bet and get an adaptor for your areoforce, so you can read boost off of it.

I have been wondering the same for my car, I already have a wide band and plan to keep, with a Twin screw or TVS style blower what's the reason for the boost gauge? I can understand in a turbo car where there is the changed of a waste gate not working and going overboost.
    I'm thinking of an aero force with a couple add ons for boost and temps should be enough right?
    What are the things you would want to monitor simultaneously if you could have more guages?

To me, A/F gauge is nothing but annoying, makes peeps worry for no good reason besides moves around so much it's distracting to monitor closely. For how I use my car, boost / fuel pressure / volt are what I consider priorities. When your making big boost for extended periods of time, like road course, ambient heat n repeated boost cycles up and down can see vac line blown off. Used tablet + torque to monitor coolant temp gauge to get a better handle on when I should worry.