Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  3
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gauges in a boosted car...

Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    To me, A/F gauge is nothing but annoying, makes peeps worry for no good reason besides moves around so much it's distracting to monitor closely. For how I use my car, boost / fuel pressure / volt are what I consider priorities. When your making big boost for extended periods of time, like road course, ambient heat n repeated boost cycles up and down can see vac line blown off. Used tablet + torque to monitor coolant temp gauge to get a better handle on when I should worry.
    The a/f I use for tuning (wires in to act for logging)
    It's in a roush vent pod to the left of the dash,
    I am not sure if the aeroforce allows the same and was considering a separate that allows me to wire into the sct the same. But running only 10lbs or so is it something I want to see all the time?
    What's the reason for measuring voltage?
    For fuel pressure would you trust an obd signal or would it be better to tap into the fuel trail with a nitrous system adaptor and put a separate sensor there?
    For air temps I believe my blower has provisions for a separate sensor is that something to watch outside of a road course scenario (will have 2013 gt500 cooling loop)
    My radio can do the same as the andoid phone or an aeroforce so I'm just wondering if it's worth getting separate gauges for the important stuff

Another vote for mechanical engine coolant temperature gauge as one of them.
    -Don____________

Monera3v
    Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post
    Another vote for mechanical engine coolant temperature gauge as one of them.
    Yup!
    I don't know how much I trust this CHT / Engine oil = water temperature equation they are using.

I have had water boil over, yet the gauge never went past the center.

Issue was low speed fan circuit had fail at the shroud (Radiator fan resistor shroud), water boiled over in traffic.

Roushcharged
    Boost gauge is entertainment..... after spending the money I did on a blower I want to see it turn "on" and "off". The Ngauge is something a lot of guys are using to monitor and datalog. Personally I have a boost gauge, fuel pressure and an aeroforce to monitor everything else. I've also used the Torque Pro app, its a good tool and can read whatever your car will allow it to. I've now got navigation that also has provisions to run off the OBD II. I'm not going to be hooking it up..... I find gauges not in eye sight are not worth having..... and the last thing I need is my car to tell me this......