Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  0

Thread: border question- regarding bringing in engine

03svt

border question- regarding bringing in engine

hey guys, wondering if someone might know the answer to this.

my brother is buying a new (used) engine for his motorcycle out of the states, told him to ship it up to buffalo and id pick it up for him while he's overseas for work.

will just the invoice be ok to cross with? or do I need to notify border like I would with a whole vehicle? sorry if this is a dumb question haha

Quote Originally Posted by 03svt View Post
    hey guys, wondering if someone might know the answer to this.

my brother is buying a new (used) engine for his motorcycle out of the states, told him to ship it up to buffalo and id pick it up for him while he's overseas for work.

will just the invoice be ok to cross with? or do I need to notify border like I would with a whole vehicle? sorry if this is a dumb question haha
    Should be the same situation as bringing in car parts - receipt/invoice should do it.
    ~Scott B

03svt
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmare View Post
    Should be the same situation as bringing in car parts - receipt/invoice should do it.
    that's what I was thinking too, but didn't want to get stuck there after driving all that way not being able to cross with it.

Yeah, good call. Hopefully someone has done it before/knows the process and will chime in.

Checked some other forums - all say you just need the invoice. Hopefully it's that easy.
    ~Scott B

I've bought in several used car engines with no hassle at all. At the window, tell em what you have, they'll send you inside to pay taxes. All you need inside is a proper bill of sale (no $100 receipt for expensive engine won't cut it).

03svt
    Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    I've bought in several used car engines with no hassle at all. At the window, tell em what you have, they'll send you inside to pay taxes. All you need inside is a proper bill of sale (no $100 receipt for expensive engine won't cut it).
    ok great thanks Rick