Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  5
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Need some help please

Need some help please

Could really use some help trying to figure this problem out. Was on my way into work last friday morning, got off the highway stopped at lights all is good . Take off 1st gear 2nd gear accelerating not very hard about 2000 rpm and bog, get off throttle and back on easy seems ok. So tried to get on it a bit again and same bog like it wants to stall. At this point idle was fine just could not get on it hard. I work in Toronto and live in Sutton so drove easy on way home and made it ok but still can not accelerate hard or it will now bog and stall. So checked MAF it was wet with moisture so cleaned with sensor cleaner, pulled air filter cleaned,pulled throttle body cleaned with throttle body cleaner, replaced fuel filter. After this started up fine but idle is not consistent will serge and still can not get on it or it will stall. Btw also changed the FRPS with a spare one that i had. Any sugestions would be welcome at this point,Thanks for any help. Sorry for such a long thread.

What yr / mods you working on?

Sorry about that Its a 02 gt vortech sc 4.6 2v

Didn't you have some odd fuel issues last year?
    What pumps etc?
    Assume it's tuned?

Do you have access to a fuel pressure guage, whats the pressure at rail with key on? How long does it take to lose pressure with key off? What is your fuel pump setup?

Sounds very very very similar to mine when it has pump/line issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

Yes i did I swapped out the pumps for dual GT supercar pumps dual fpdm and wiring mod,with bap. I find it hard to believe the pumps are worn out so soon. When checking fuel pressure im getting 34 to 36 psi at idle and not dropping out. That is reading the gauge on the engine. I dont have one in car so not sure what it is doing under load. But when idle was up and down the gauge pressure maintained.

BTW it also had the pprv delete done.

And thats with a 03 tank and hat returnless system.

Did you check to see how fast the pressure bled off with key off? When you did the pump upgrade did you use regular high pressure fuel line or the good submersible stuff from NAPA or online? I had a bad batch of the submersible stuff which let one of the feed hoses burst. The car would start, idle, show slightly low 30's erratic PSI on the gauge. As soon as load was put on the car would buck and surge. Key off the fuel system would lose all pressure which lead me to suspect the leak.
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

I will check when I get home Laffs. I did think the pressure bled off fast with key off. How long should it take to bleed off with key off. And yes i did use the high pressure line. Thanks