Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  4
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Nitto NT05 reviews....

Mustang Occasionally
    I'm not on stock wheels tho. I have a set of 10.5" Niche GT5's.

Grebnitty
    Man that thing looks sweet. Nice decklid panel, I've never seen that one.

Mustang Occasionally
    I got a blank panel and then sanded it down and did a matte finish (I should have just wrapped it). Then had the Ford Racing decal made. Thx man.

I thought it was a daily driver. If not, NT05 will make you happy

As Don mentioned above, I ran them as my 'track-tire' on my '01 GT - swapped them on a day or two before the event, and usually back to my BFG's a few days after, unless I was at the track back to back weekends, when I'd just leave them on. When I switched over to the Corvette I bought a set for it as well, because I knew I liked them, they were $600 cheaper than Kumho XS's, and I had for the most part stopped competing in Time Attack (there are several other faster 'street' tires out there now). I've gotten lazier in my 'old' age, and now run the NT05s about half the year. I only switch to my regular tires when I know it'll be a while before I'm back at the track. I've been on that set for 2 years now...likely around 6,000 street km and maybe the equivalent of 5 track days. I'd say they are about 2/3rds worn out, so I'm hoping to get this year out of them. Corvette gets driven rain or shine...never had an issue with the NT05s in the wet, but I definitely take it easy. I wouldn't worry about running them all summer. Unless you're used to a real track tire, then these will feel pretty grippy at the track, once they warm up, and as long as you don't overheat them (which is possible if you're sliding around a lot, but otherwise pretty difficult)

Mustang Occasionally
    Awesome feedback. Thanks everyone.

The PO of my 07 used them for a few years after starting on Nitto 555, size 275/40R18 all around. I ran them a bit as lapping day tires. As mentioned they would wear quick for a DD, but for an occasional use car that sees a few track days they are a decent choice at that price point. Wet traction is not so great, especially once worn down and on colder days.

cheers
    Ed
    12 GT500 coupe
    Instagram: ed._nicholson
    Your Ford dealer in the west GTA - Kennedy Ford Sales
    www.kennedyford.ca - please use the Kennedy Ford SVT TMC account for parts inquiries

I only used a set once at a track day - thanks Horseplayer!! They were decent as a track tire but for the more enthused enthusiast there are 'faster' tires out there. But if you are just looking for some extra grip to have fun with and won't be putting on a lot of street miles they are a good compromise that avoids swapping at the track.
    BECAUSE RACECAR

Quote Originally Posted by Grebnitty View Post
    Damn, you run 305's in the back? That's sick. Once I burn off my factory P zeros I might have to look into that. Probably won't take long , I've read the P zeros have a horrible wear rating.
    I have 49000 KM on my Factory P zeros. They are down to the wear bars and will have to be replaced by 60,000. Not happy. One replacement tire last summer was $560.00
    1971 Avanti II, 2022 F250 4 dr diesel
    '89 Coupe, ,'F550 Dump
    '21 Bronco 4-door, 22 Mustang vert
    '18 Ecosport, 2018 F-55
    '17 F-250, 96 Mustang GT vert

Actually, that is pretty good range for a performance car .....