Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  4
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Nitto NT05 reviews....

Mustang Occasionally

Nitto NT05 reviews....

Anyone run them? How do you like?

Curious as well..

These were my second choice after the 555's.. price + tread wear kept me away.
    '88 LX

As an all around tire or just for track days / driving to the track?

I found they "shimmy" till the tires warm up. First block or two leaving the house, then the shimmy goes away. Weirdest thing. Have them on wife's car they aren't as sticky as NT01s at Mosport, but they are a kick butt street tire.

Mustang Occasionally
    All around. I'm not a big 'swap over my tires' guy at the track.

I found them a lil on the harsh side as compared to my 555's but certainly well inside the liveable range. Lil more prone to following ruts but again liveable, never drove em in the rain so no idea on wet traction. Poor track choice for my car but get the impression they are an excellent tire for a car that has good turn in and is easy on tires.

they are still a 200 wear rating, so they are a hell of a good track tire. I wouldn't drive them daily, they will evaporate pretty quick IMHO

We pull over if it rains, and our car is a sunny day car only, I run a 300 wear rating tire for more daily use myself. Like ZR states 555 or a 453 falken. etc

I use them as my track day tire. Swap them at home, drive to the track, run some laps, drive home again. For my car they work great! I honestly love these tires. When I got my Cobra R's from GforceJunkie, they were wrapped in well used NT05's. I used them for another 2 seasons. Liked them so much I got another set. This will be season 3 on these tires. I figured if they were good enough for Andy, they were good enough for me.

I find them real predictable on the track. They will squeal at you, but you've still got grip before they think about snapping out from under you. Once warmed up they are pretty sticky for a 'street' tire.
    However, if I were using them strictly as a street tire, I would go with the 555's.

My next set of track tires might be the NT01's.

-Don____________

Mustang Occasionally
    No, I'll be using them as both. My car generally doesn't see to much rain, but I do get caught out in it from time to time.

The NT555 doesn't have the sizes I'm looking for - 305/30-20. Falken has a 295/30-20 in their Azenis FK510 tho and that's close.

Grebnitty
    Damn, you run 305's in the back? That's sick. Once I burn off my factory P zeros I might have to look into that. Probably won't take long , I've read the P zeros have a horrible wear rating.