Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  8
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Calabogie Track Day Feeler Thread

Calabogie Track Day Feeler Thread

As we sneak up on nice weather, track days come to mind. This thread is to gauge interest in a TMC road trip to Calabogie.

Things to know

It's an awesome track http://www.calabogiemotorsports.com
    It's $375 plus hst
    You must be cleared before solo driving is allowed (I'll get more detail on this)
    New drivers must take an instructor @ another $199 for the day
    SA helmets are required
    They take tech inspection seriously, tires, brakes, suspension, no leaks etc
    Noise restriction, they test your car. http://www.calabogiemotorsports.com/track-rules/
    It's north of Perth so overnight stay the day before and likely the day of are necessary.

I'm thinking a fall day but open to options. They have 10 days in the 2017 calendar.

I'm happy to quarterback the event in terms of finding a place to stay and coordinating with the track. If we have a good sized group, we'll need to book early.

Please indicate interest level in this thread and preferred dates if any. If high enough, I'll open a new thread in the Events section for actual signup.

Very interested pending............

-cleared before solo driving details / does that mean instructor for the day?

Rest of it for me is a slam dunk / hell yes I wanna go.
    Thanks for taking the lead on this Al.

Mrods
    I am interested. Only concern is the 100 dbA limitation. Not sure where I stand as far as dbA? Thanks for working on this. Maybe I will get a dbA meter amd we can pre test?

HyperGT
    if i can get a car i would be very interested as well.

Tempting, very tempting.

Would this be a weekend thing? Or during the week?
    -Don____________

Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post
    Tempting, very tempting.

Would this be a weekend thing? Or during the week?
    They have options ranging from Thursday to Sunday. I was thinking a Friday. Drive out after work Thursday evening, run Friday, stay over Friday night for a TMC social and then have the weekend to drive, tow or push the car home depending how Friday went.

http://www.calabogiemotorsports.com/...ng-experience/

Specifically for this track, my suggestion for most members here would be to take the instructor anyway ... Calabogie is a very difficult track to learn, especially if we would be getting the full 3 mile course. Besides helping with that I'm sure they could help to tune up other aspects of your driving if you've never had any formal in-car coaching.

cheers
    Ed
    12 GT500 coupe
    81 VW Scirocco S
    Instagram: ed._nicholson
    Your Ford dealer in the west GTA - Kennedy Ford Sales
    www.kennedyford.ca - please use the Kennedy Ford SVT TMC account for parts inquiries

Point well taken Ed, makes perfect sense. Would fit me if the option was there to perhaps do the morning with instruction then afternoon without kinda deal.

Maybe with enough "intermediate" people for the group, the option of half-day instruction could be inquired about. I agree that it would be ideal for you and several others that have done enough days to not make an ass of yourself out there, but could use some help on this circuit. When I was up there for my only visit so far about 10 years ago, it took me several sessions to get at all comfortable and start picking up some pace. There are so many corners, and two sections of the track that look similar, that make it very challenging but in a very fun way. Some nice elevation changes, a few quick sections, and a really nice flow in the way that corners join together.

I would also be interested