Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  18
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: c5 vette

ZO6 dash / interior shot

Fox interior / dash

Fairmont interior n dash

My brother in law had one for a few years, 01 I believe. Fast, handled great, but I felt like the interior was out of a grand am. Actually found it really comfortable on a couple of longer drives we took it on.

Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post

ZO6 dash / interior shot
    Not hugely different from the SN95 dash/interior

-Don____________

Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post

Fox interior / dash
    I do not miss that steering wheel one bit. Seriously.
    -Don____________

Likely a good reason I find it so familiar / comfortable.

HyperGT
    well just got back from test driving a 08 911 Turbo from pfaff and a 2006 Z06 with 12k km.
    porsche was built tank like, i felt one with the car, fit in the seat like a glove, deviated red stiching everywhere and the car moved out hard but was predictable and stable all the time. Inspired confidence and wanted to be pushed harder...."com'n let's go faster"

The z06 was bright yellow and perfect shape. Seats were OK , not great, the car was solid but i felt like i was sitting on it not a part of it. Then the test drive....the car wanted to kill me. Went sideways on a simple get up to speed 2nd gear pull and quit sideways (side to side) on a full power 2-3 shift merging at 100km /h on the highway. While i stayed in control and the car responded poitively to my inputs i could not help but feel it was thinking "see i am going to kill you - aint it fun".
    Scalpel and sledgehammer.....$35k+tx difference in price too. Now i am more confused, but having fun shopping.

I don't have any personal experience with the C5s, but when I running in Time Attack the C5 was more or less the vehicle of choice. Several base C5s as well as a few C5Z's came out on a regular basis. I don't recall any major mechanical failures with them and most of the guys driving them weren't 'corvette fans' at all. They had them because of the value proposition they presented as a track car. If you ask over on the CASC-OR forum you'd like get some responses from guys that consistently track them.

Quote Originally Posted by HyperGT View Post
    The z06 was bright yellow and perfect shape. Seats were OK , not great, the car was solid but i felt like i was sitting on it not a part of it. Then the test drive....the car wanted to kill me. Went sideways on a simple get up to speed 2nd gear pull and quit sideways (side to side) on a full power 2-3 shift merging at 100km /h on the highway. While i stayed in control and the car responded poitively to my inputs i could not help but feel it was thinking "see i am going to kill you - aint it fun".
    Scalpel and sledgehammer.....$35k+tx difference in price too. Now i am more confused, but having fun shopping.
    The Z was a C6 then if it's a 2006, it's the lightest of them all, they steadily get heavier each year and 08 + are the preferred because they have updated steering rack and other upgrades. They all have issues in the heads, 07's also have needle bearing issues and the value drop issue, but nobody does anything under warranty. If you get a C6 Z, you seriously need to also budget to have the heads done, as little as 3800 USD, just to address the heads, but I went H/C/I which ran me almost 13K CAD and I came away with 570RWHP and now have something very worry free. If the car went sideways on you, do you know if you had it in Street mode or track mode? Was the T/C off? Was the stability control off?

There are about 3-4 levels of controls that can keep you straight and generally stock tires yes will kill you especially on cold roads. I've never gone "naked" control wise, the car will bite you and fast. I've done a lot of passes in mine and with a good set of tires, it stays planted. At woodward after the HCI I was not comfortable making pulls until the the next day I put 345 Nitto NT05R's and then the car hooked up nicely. I've not done any road racing in mine, but the sump system is supposed to help, but I've also heard it's had issues. Z is a very strong road course car, but it sounds like your heart is in a Porsche. Get a Turbo and be happy.