Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  1
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Etest Monitors

It's also very common for rear 02's to be stubborn or just plain will not go ready on customs tunes, running high flow cats and or with long tubes. No personal experience with these but I'm hearing, taking rear 02's out of the mainstream, expands the difference between what the front vs rear 02s see which in turns makes the ECM happy and it goes ready. Had planned to do some testing last summer but never got to it.

Vibrant Oxygen Sensor Defouler

WRITE A REVIEW

Model Number: 601904-DEFOULER
    Have a check engine light in your vehicle for cat efficiency codes due to not having a catalytic convertor on your car, or from a sensitive pcm?If you answered yes, then you need this piece. Its a easy to install, thread in oxygen sensor extender that requires NO tools, and threads into your existing oxygen sensor bung within seconds.
    - A very effective tool for avoiding Check Engine Lights. Pulls the Oxygen Sensor further away from the exhaust gas stream.

- the "J" shape allows the O2 sensor to be installed parallel to the exhaust pipe for better clearance.

- M18 x 1.5 Thread. The sensor to be used with this unit should measure 18mm from thread tip to thread tip. Accepts all standard O2 sensors.

Performance Redefined OneQwkStang's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    If you've only got one not ready, good to go on test anyways.
    It's my understanding, in SCT, another tuner can not see whats been done but best to contact Diago n ask.
    I got 3, catalyst,oxygen sensor and oxygen sensor heater on my last test report that are not ready.

- - - Updated - - -

Vibrant Oxygen Sensor Defouler

[FONT="]WRITE A REVIEW

[/FONT]

[FONT="]Model Number: 601904-DEFOULER[/FONT]
    Have a check engine light in your vehicle for cat efficiency codes due to not having a catalytic convertor on your car, or from a sensitive pcm?If you answered yes, then you need this piece. Its a easy to install, thread in oxygen sensor extender that requires NO tools, and threads into your existing oxygen sensor bung within seconds.
    - A very effective tool for avoiding Check Engine Lights. Pulls the Oxygen Sensor further away from the exhaust gas stream.

- the "J" shape allows the O2 sensor to be installed parallel to the exhaust pipe for better clearance.

- M18 x 1.5 Thread. The sensor to be used with this unit should measure 18mm from thread tip to thread tip. Accepts all standard O2 sensors.
    I dont have a check engine light tho.

Some related info I found useful. I'm not sure the YouTube video is correct but did see my own car with a CEL blinking prior to a drive cycle and now it stays on steady with key on. It's in for a Clean Air Test today. Fingers crossed.

Maybe a sticky on the subject would be handy.

http://www.obdii.com/drivecycleford.html

Did you check for monitors readiness first Al?

Did you check for monitors readiness first Al?
    I don't have a OBDII reader other than my SCT X3 and wasn't sure if it shows you monitor readiness.

I used the technique in the video after my drive cycles that suggests if your CEL stays steady in key on but not running position, your monitors are ready.

Just got word from Mrs Buck and the car passed with all 7 applicable monitors ready.

Now just need to do a brake job, fix my ABS issue, install my new to me tires and install the 373's to get ready for track day. Busy busy

Monera3v
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Buck View Post
    I don't have a OBDII reader other than my SCT X3 and wasn't sure if it shows you monitor readiness.

I used the technique in the video after my drive cycles that suggests if your CEL stays steady in key on but not running position, your monitors are ready.

Just got word from Mrs Buck and the car passed with all 7 applicable monitors ready.

Now just need to do a brake job, fix my ABS issue, install my new to me tires and install the 373's to get ready for track day. Busy busy
    Just out of curiosity,

Who is tunning/ tuned your car?

Someone told me disabling the rear o2, messes with almost 2 - 3 monitors not going ready, someone told me I would have to bug my tuner to re-enable them and write a tuner to pass emission
    the car will be sluggest as can be, but will pass obd2 testing.

I used a remote tuner (Manuel Pazo aka Lito) who supplied me 2 tune files. One for emission testing and one not. Driving both tunes, I find no noticable difference.

Monera3v
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Buck View Post
    I used a remote tuner (Manuel Pazo aka Lito) who supplied me 2 tune files. One for emission testing and one not. Driving both tunes, I find no noticable difference.
    The Emission tune will throw codes if you go into WOT
    The actual tune won't, I think.

I am currently testing out Lito as well, see if what everyone is saying is true about him.

Nope I did the same last year, Lito told me that outside of at the track the tune with the rear 02s on is fine.
    Al, you should pick up an obd Bluetooth adapter it shows more then the sct will and can be sourced cheap from China

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk