Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  4

Thread: Pirelli World Challenge 2017

Pirelli World Challenge 2017

This weekend was the start of the PWC in Virginia. Up next is the race at Mosport for the May long weekend.

Here is some footage from the first weekend, check out the massive wreck at the 38 minute mark ...

BECAUSE RACECAR

Crazy. That was a bad wreck. You going when they up here? I went 2 years ago and it was great
    Saleen 89-373....long gone....!!

Abbey is in a hockey tournament on the long weekend when they are here, so it will depend on her game schedule. But I am really going to try to get there again.
    BECAUSE RACECAR

I made it out to Mosport today to watch some racing and wander the paddock with Charlie!

One thing that is great about racing, is that regardless of how busy and hectic the drivers and teams are, they ALWAYS have time to share with the fans. Charlie got to rub shoulders with some real superstars today and we are thankful for how gracious they are, even right before qualifying. Thanks to all the drivers and teams that put up with us today, especially Jordan and Ricky Taylor and Shea Holbrook.

And here is a pic I put together for Charlie. By far his favourite car today.

BECAUSE RACECAR

Epic cool pics.

Good stuff. I'm heading out there this morning. A friend from Quebec has some Mini Coopers running in the Canadian Touring Car Challenge, and the guys that prep the Honda that I drive occasionally in Chumpcar have some cars there for Porsche GT3 Cup.

cheers
    Ed
    12 GT500 coupe
    Instagram: ed._nicholson
    Your Ford dealer in the west GTA - Kennedy Ford Sales
    www.kennedyford.ca - please use the Kennedy Ford SVT TMC account for parts inquiries

Charlie and Shea must be on a first name basis by now.

Great pics
    -Don____________

So the Canadian Touring Car Challenge series cars are running on Pirelli slicks this year rather than Hoosier produced Continentals. One of the drivers in my friend's Minis qualified with 1:33.5 ... think about that compared to some of the lap times we see in huge horsepower cars at this track ... that's crazy fast.
    12 GT500 coupe
    Instagram: ed._nicholson
    Your Ford dealer in the west GTA - Kennedy Ford Sales
    www.kennedyford.ca - please use the Kennedy Ford SVT TMC account for parts inquiries

Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post
    Charlie and Shea must be on a first name basis by now.

Great pics
    Yeah, she knows us pretty well now and always likes to have the kids hang out with her. she took his hand and lead him around, even in the trailer for a tour while I was talking shop with a crew guy. She's pretty shaken from the big wreck her teammate had (above) and her other teammate spun earlier in the day before we saw her, but she seemed releived to chill with Charlie for a bit to take a break from it all. She drives and manages a team of 4 cars so is really busy so it was great she took some time for us.

And now after the race Saturday, Jordan Taylor won it and Ricky came third, so it was cool we got to meet them too.
    BECAUSE RACECAR

Grebnitty
    I watched the Pirelli challenge on Saturday. Those were some serious cars! Everything from a Huracan to a Shelby GT350. The sound was insane! What an awesome race. The funniest was the Nissan Micras buzzing around in a small pack , lifting the wheels off the ground. LOL!