Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  2

Thread: Anyone been to Stonehenge and/or Bath?

Club Supporter

Anyone been to Stonehenge and/or Bath?

Anyone been to Stonehenge and/or Bath? Did you go by bus/train?

Looking at day trips from London to both of these places (maybe overnight) - anyone been? Is there much at Stonehenge to spend a day or just a place to spend 2-3 hours?

There's a lot to see in Bath given it's early Roman Empire history so may spend a little more time here and less at Stonehenge.

Will be hitting up the travel forums but figured I'd check here for some first hand feedback.

Mustang Occasionally
    Yup. I went in 2000. We took a bus from London. Stonehenge was cool but it was roped off and apparently it's been that way for some time to protect it from tourists. It was cool but not something I'd spend more than a few hours at (prolly not even that long). Bath was very cool. It was amazing being in a place so old and well preserved. It was a day trip for both sites and I didn't feel I needed more time than that.

Herrods was a cool spot to venture through in London too, if you're gonna be there. We also saw Lion King

Club Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Armen View Post
    Yup. I went in 2000. We took a bus from London. Stonehenge was cool but it was roped off and apparently it's been that way for some time to protect it from tourists. It was cool but not something I'd spend more than a few hours at (prolly not even that long). Bath was very cool. It was amazing being in a place so old and well preserved. It was a day trip for both sites and I didn't feel I needed more time than that.

Herrods was a cool spot to venture through in London too, if you're gonna be there. We also saw Lion King
    Thanks - been to Harrod's twice - very cool store.

Was Stonehenge and Bath on the same day trip? I saw some Stonehenge tours that included sunrise or sunset visits and include private access inside the circle (pre-arrange with the people to manage the site).

Mustang Occasionally
    Yup mine was a one day trip to see both. We did not venture past the ropes.

Club Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Armen View Post
    Yup mine was a one day trip to see both. We did not venture past the ropes.
    Cool thanks - I'll see if I can find a tour that does both inner circle access and Bath in one day.

It was kinda cheesy, yeah it's roped off, but you know, there is something awe inspiring about it. It's over 4000 years old.
    I would totally recommend visiting it.

We went while on our British Isles cruise. It was the disembarkment trip on our way back to London from Southampton. We didn't go to Bath.
    -Don____________

Club Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post
    It was kinda cheesy, yeah it's roped off, but you know, there is something awe inspiring about it. It's over 4000 years old.
    I would totally recommend visiting it.

We went while on our British Isles cruise. It was the disembarkment trip on our way back to London from Southampton. We didn't go to Bath.
    Yeah, it's cheesy and a tourist trap but +4,000 years old and a mystery = cool to see/visit.