Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  7
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2005 Mustang Seat Upgrade Options

Can't find any info on doing a 2015/2017 swap into an 2005/2009. Anyone, anyone??
    "If your wife is having a good time and you're not,
    You're still having a better time than if you were having a good time, and she wasn't."

I'm thinking TMI high back seats for my 02' GT.

In regards to the 2015 and newer seats
    "the rear bracket bolts right up in the same spot. The front sits right on the hump of the floor pan so we built a bracket out of a 2inch piece of angle and bolted it to the original holes so it looks factory. These seats bolt straight down, where the originals actually bolted into the hump going aiming towards the back of the car."

http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=128736

Thanks for the info Matt.
    "If your wife is having a good time and you're not,
    You're still having a better time than if you were having a good time, and she wasn't."

Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    I wonder if anyone can say for sure if the '15 up Recaro's will bolt to '05 tracks?
    Rick they are not a direct fit. I picked up the 15+ Ford Racing Recaro seats but have not tackled the install yet. Te rear seat rails line up to the S197 holes, but there are two locating pins on the 15+ seats that need to be cut or drilled off. The front is more complex, pre 15 seats mount to the front while 15+ seats mount to the top. Have not had them in the car but it looks like an "L" bracket bolted to the 15+ seats will allow front mounting in the pre 15's. It may be necessary to shorten the 15+ seat rail at the front to look proper.

The physical install I suspect is the easy part with the wiring being the challenge. The Ford Racing seats are manual and not heated. Probably the simplest approach would be to transfer over the wiring harness from the pre 14 seats. Pretty sure you could get the seat belts and track position sensor working then. I understand from another forum that it is possible to use the (can't think of the proper name) the occupancy bladder for the passenger seat in the 15+. The Recaro seats do have side air bags but compatibility would be a concern. I bought a couple of the yellow XF2Z-14B022-AA Resistor Plugs to modify with 2.2 OHM resisters to eliminate the side air bags idiot lights and codes if necessary.

Would love to tackle the install soon but I procrastinate to much in my old age these days!

Built not bought! Follow this link to my 08 GT/CS Air Lift Performance Suspension Install Thread or this link to my Garage Thread

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my car and parts for what I told her they cost!

Gary's is a non air bag so wiring end should be a non issue.
    Appreciate your input / info.

yllrgt
    Does consideration of seating options hint at the possibility the beast might actually be running this year ?

Yes and very soon.
    One of throttle body adapter in hand, come on UPS with our silicone coupler later this week.

yllrgt
    Ahhh , great news .