Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  1
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1988 GT t-top appraisal value

1988 GT t-top appraisal value

I have an 88 GT t-top pretty much stock. Amazing condition. Paint is original but in great shape, 1 or 2 small rust spots. oil sprayed, clean underneath. Subframe connectors, straight car. 125,000km. Was appraised in 2009 at $6k but I think he undervalued it. I don't see Fox's like this often. And in the last almost 10 years they're even more rare. I've seen cars on forums and heard of cars in this era appraised for $15k+!

What would be a honest value for something like this?

Really tough to say without seeing it but GT's don't get the $$ like notches do. Assuming the car is on the nicer side and the rust is underneath and not on the body around 7-8k. So the $6k from 2009 is not that far off.

An all original low KM notch will get $15k+ which is the high end of these cars. If you notice on trader.ca and kijiji most of the Foxes available are GT's. A clean LX sells very quick.

^What he said is correct.

Agreed.

Mustang Occasionally
    I had an 87 T-Top. The car was pretty clean and had about 80K or so when I first got it in 2005. I had a supercharger supporting components installed and it was lowered slightly. The car was otherwise stock, right down to the much disliked (not by me) turbine wheels. It was appraised for 15K in 2008. Just keep in mind that the appraisal value does not equal real world selling value - which is most often (but not always) less.

I can't believe LX's and especially trunks are more valuable than a GT. A GT would be more rare, no? I know rarity doesn't equal value but mustangs have desireable.

I'm not looking to sell at the moment but looking to update my insurance appraisal and want to get someone who knows these cars.

And Armen, turbines rule!

Appraisal and real world selling value, to me, have little to nothing to do with one another.

Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    Appraisal and real world selling value, to me, have little to nothing to do with one another.
    X2! I couldn't agree more.

My car was appraised at $15k...

Anyone wanna buy it for that? I mean... I'll sell it right now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    '88 LX

Quote Originally Posted by m_owing View Post
    I can't believe LX's and especially trunks are more valuable than a GT. A GT would be more rare, no? I know rarity doesn't equal value but mustangs have desireable.

I'm not looking to sell at the moment but looking to update my insurance appraisal and want to get someone who knows these cars.

And Armen, turbines rule!
    Back in the day most guys wanted the plain jane light weight LX coupe.....and with more of those getting hacked up than GT's, a real 5.0, 5spd coupe in good shape is more rare...at least in Canada.