Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  1
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1988 GT t-top appraisal value

Look at the appraised value as what it would take to replace it.

25 years ago, I paid $3500 for wife's engagement ring. It was appraised for $5300. Jeweller explained that appraisal is like no hassle replacement.

I know appraised value and selling prices are different, like I said in my last post it's for insurance. I should find an appraiser who knows these cars. I'm not looking for a $15k valuation, but this car is in such good shape and the rarest t-top (they stopped making them part way through 1988) it's gotta be a lot higher than $6k.

Quote Originally Posted by m_owing View Post
    I should find an appraiser who knows these cars.
    then what you want is Fred Struzer
    http://barnfinds.ca/automobile-appraisals/
    -Don____________

More than likely appraised value will be $10-12k but as stated previously appraised and actual market resale value can be quite different.

Quote Originally Posted by m_owing View Post
    I can't believe LX's and especially trunks are more valuable than a GT.
    -A clean trunk car will sell way faster than a clean GT all day long and for more money.

A GT would be more rare, no?
    -I dont know about the production #s but look at kijiji , way more GTs and verts around than just the trunk cars.

I know rarity doesn't equal value but mustangs have desireable.
    -The T Tops I would think add some value being rare. But does it add value, I'm not sure. One would think so. Its kinda like the convertibles, some lovem and others couldn't be given one. Tell Haggerty what you think it is worth, if you are way off they will tell you.

I'm not looking to sell at the moment but looking to update my insurance appraisal and want to get someone who knows these cars.

And Armen, turbines rule!
    I have had them all , verts, GTs and plain old LX hatches, my favorite are the trunk cars then the verts. My least favorite are the GTs, but thats just me.

1990 LX Notch & 1992 LX Notch, 2002 GT Vert & 01 GT.

tulowd
    If I was going to sell a Fox now, the US dollar being so strong, means top value selling it south of the border on eBay.com or Craig's list in Niagara or Buffalo.
    With a 37% exchange rate and no HST payable by the new owner, it is likely to put a couple of grand extra into your pocket, for anything half decent or better.

Quote Originally Posted by tulowd View Post
    If I was going to sell a Fox now, the US dollar being so strong, means top value selling it south of the border on eBay.com or Craig's list in Niagara or Buffalo.
    With a 37% exchange rate and no HST payable by the new owner, it is likely to put a couple of grand extra into your pocket, for anything half decent or better.
    That's what I'm doing with my Saleen. More people in the states will pay good money for a clean fox
    Saleen 89-373....long gone....!!

Selling the Saleen Hutch?

Quote Originally Posted by Slick_89_Hatch View Post
    Selling the Saleen Hutch?
    Yes
    Saleen 89-373....long gone....!!