Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  5
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Which Gas is better?

I'm not a fan of tuning with 93 or 94. Sure you might get a couple extra ponies but then you're married to the stuff and it's not always easy to find.

I tuned with 91 and fill up anywhere but use Shell 91 by choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Buck View Post
    I'm not a fan of tuning with 93 or 94. Sure you might get a couple extra ponies but then you're married to the stuff and it's not always easy to find.

I tuned with 91 and fill up anywhere but use Shell 91 by choice.
    Closest gas station to my house has 94 and it's pretty widely available, I will talk to him about a 91 tune but likely he will say just dont go WOT and it won't matter

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by NickD View Post
    dont go WOT
    Who is this and what have you done with Nick?

If your tuned for 94 and get stuck / can't find it, any old gas will do until you can fill with the good stuff (IMPERATIVE YOU KEEP IT OUT OF BOOST THOUGH). Many N/A peeps pay more money for high octane their engine does not want or need.

Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    Many N/A peeps pay more money for high octane their engine does not want or need.
    I've tried for years to convince my dad that "premium" fuel does nothing for your engine unless it needs it, in his mind it's better because it's premium. Then a few years back I was chatting with a group of elderly men at a family function and they were talking about gas and how every few tanks they run premium to clean out the motor.....I didn't bother to attempt to explain!

Roushcharged
    Quote Originally Posted by NickD View Post
    I am going to go fill up tonight for the first time after putting the blower on and think I'm going to try Petro 94 and datalog that vs shell
    Seems like I missed something...... Congrats on getting blown!

I use Ultra 94 by choice and was tuned with whatever came out of the Ultra 94 pump that day, car drives fine. I've heard that Ultra 94 is not a true 94 octane fuel..... Whatever that means. Regardless that's what I run, my tuner liked it and so did my car...... My wallet on the other hand isn't as happy......... but who listens to it anyways?!

So what is best to run in older vehicles, say like my stock 90 coupe. 87 with ethanol or 91 without ethanol?

^ If it's stock with conservative timing, likely just fine on Reg. If you hear / detect deto, move up one grade n reevaluate.

Car runs perfectly fine on reg, my concern is how will the ethenol affect these older vehicles fuel system?

The Petro Canada gas stations in my neck of the woods have 94 Octane,and that's what my tune is for.Not all Petro's carry it though.
    GHIG