Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  5
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Which Gas is better?

Mustang Occasionally
    If you're parking the vehicle for longer periods of time, I'd stick with Shell 91.

---

With many newer cars, they can take regular or premium, no problem either way. But a bit more hp will be made using premium. Even my 2012 5.0L was like that. Stated right in the manual that 87 would get you 400, while 91 would get you 412.

Quote Originally Posted by Rino View Post
    The Petro Canada gas stations in my neck of the woods have 94 Octane,and that's what my tune is for.Not all Petro's carry it though.
    Just curious, do you know if the 94 contains ethanol?

Roushcharged
    Quote Originally Posted by KRS View Post
    Just curious, do you know if the 94 contains ethanol?
    Quoted from the Petro Canada Website:

Does Ultra 94 contain ethanol? Does Petro-Canada still offer an ethanol-free gasoline?

Ultra 94 contains ethanol. Due to the fact that various fuel grades are blended at the point of sale, most grades of Petro-Canada fuel may now contain up to 10% ethanol. This represents a change from the previous state, where premium fuel was ethanol-free at Petro-Canada.

https://www.pure-gas.org/index.jsp?stateprov=ON

from the same site Ontario: Costco 91; Canadian Tire 91; Ultramar 91

Quote Originally Posted by Rino View Post
    The Petro Canada gas stations in my neck of the woods have 94 Octane,and that's what my tune is for.Not all Petro's carry it though.
    I believe the 94 has ethanol though.... wouldn't use when you store for winter.

I was told by small engine shop that these are the best for small engines....no ethanol...

1. Shell 91
    2. Canadian Tire 91
    3. (I believe) Esso 91

Has a jar of gas that has been sitting for a long period of time and you can see the seperation of the ethanol and gas. Kind of looked like a jelly.

Quote Originally Posted by allicedout View Post
    Quoted from the Petro Canada Website:

Does Ultra 94 contain ethanol? Does Petro-Canada still offer an ethanol-free gasoline?

Ultra 94 contains ethanol. Due to the fact that various fuel grades are blended at the point of sale, most grades of Petro-Canada fuel may now contain up to 10% ethanol. This represents a change from the previous state, where premium fuel was ethanol-free at Petro-Canada.
    Ive also heard and read, that Petro stations that dont sell 94, their 91 is Ethanol free.

Monera3v
    91 shell for non boosted
    94 Petro for boosted.

I monitor my Knock sensors... 93 produces some knock response while data logging.

If you're not turned 89 just to be cleaner than 87, 91 would burn faster in a 87 tuned car.

If i re-call properly, correct me if I am wrong.