Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  5
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Which Gas is better?

Which Gas is better?

I live on the Michigan border so it's easy to get fuel in the US. In Michigan 93 Octane is readily available at Shell or Sunoco but it's 10% ethanol. In Ontario (where I live) the best I can get is 91 Octane, no ethanol. My car is tuned for 91 but a safety factor is always nice to have. At the time that I got the tune, the tuner didn't have anything good to say about Michigan fuel.

TheMustangShow
    If your car is not tuned for (93) higher Octane, you're wasting your time and Money.

If you have access to the Shell 91 V-Power, with no Octane, in Ontario, that's your best option.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMustangShow View Post
    If you have access to the Shell 91 V-Power, with no Octane, in Ontario, that's your best option.
    Make sure you have NO octane.
    -Don____________

If your car is not tuned for (93) higher Octane, you're wasting your time and Money.

The 93 is cheaper.

TheMustangShow
    Quote Originally Posted by KRS View Post
    The 93 is cheaper.
    Yeah...but don't you have to cross to get it?

The No-Ethanol in the SHELL 91 is a win, especially for older cars IMO.

Mustang Occasionally
    I'm a big fan of Shell 91. I used in in my Mustang and the Mustangs I had before it. I don't use stabilizer when I store my car and haven't for many years since using Shell 91. It contains no ethanol in Ontario so there is no worry about moisture absorption.

I also use it in my snow blower. I've had this current snow blower for a few seasons and have never used stabilizer. Just top it up with Shell 91 at the end of the season and that's it. Starts fine every fall/winter.

Yeah...but don't you have to cross to get it?

The No-Ethanol in the SHELL 91 is a win, especially for older cars IMO.

We're usually in Michigan weekly, so it's just a matter of which vehicle we take.

I was more curious about the tuner feeling that Ontario fuel was superior to Michigan fuel even with the Octane difference. I usually run a bit of both, but I always run Ontario fuel prior to storage, I don't like storing with ethanol.

I agree 100% on an older vehicle or any power equipment, I won't use fuel with ethanol in it.

I find my car likes shell fuel as well...don't use it alot, i'm a cheap bastard...Costco premium
    Also Canadian tire 93 has no ethanol .

if youre forced...then its an issue

N/A...dont worry about differences in fuel as long as the octane rating is there

you should be fine

Quote Originally Posted by Tailites View Post
    if youre forced...then its an issue

N/A...dont worry about differences in fuel as long as the octane rating is there

you should be fine
    I datalogged with my tuner using different​ gas, he's usually a fan of some ethanol in gas but was really impressed with shell, he said any of the gas I used was higher quality​ then what they have in some states.
    I am going to go fill up tonight for the first time after putting the blower on and think I'm going to try Petro 94 and datalog that vs shell

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk