Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  6
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Insuring a modified Vehicle

2005BlackGT
    Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    Springs replaced with none OEM that retain a stock / virtually stock stance, are certainly not grounds for labeling as modded by any insurance co.

Yes......

2005BlackGT
    Quote Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
    When you had your collision, the other driver was at fault. Lets turn the table around, and say you were at fault. You think Intact would have gave you the same payout? They wouldn't have raised an eyebrow to the motor, roll bar and being lowered?

How long has it been since your SVO clone was written off? 10yrs ago? In my opinion a lot has changed in the way these insurance companies handle their policies. When I switched my DD's vehicles to TD 2yrs ago, I was raked thru the coals with all the questions. Almost to the point of which brand of wax I was using on my vehicles. And yes one of the questions I was asked, was the suspension on my Elantra modified? If so, we wont insure it.

Insurance Companies are a business,, plain and simple....they base rates on "risk" this applies to where car driven and by whom,, where you live ..and of course...car year make model etc...but of course.. big question.. has it been modified...answer honesty.. most record these conversations....minor mods no big deal...such as non stock springs,different rims/tires..minor engine mods,strut bar,,aftermarket exhaust etc......but yes.. some companies will not insure modified vehicles....if I inspect a car...it's been lowered...actual "bumpers" removed from behind bumper covers...and engine work....and you answer..no modifications.. yup.. you have a denial...

Thank you for everyone chiming in. I'll have to review my options for the time being.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk