Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  6
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Insuring a modified Vehicle

Insuring a modified Vehicle

So I want to cover all bases with my Mustang and Would like to know if anyone has experience or knowledge with regards to modification guidelines. Allstate told me suspension mods are not covered. I have eibach springs with the stock tokico shocks in my mach 1 (not installed by me).

Funny thing is they are ok with HID kits and exhaust. Cold air intakes are a no no. Im concerned that if I would be in an accident that they would be petty enough to not even cover me just because of the springs.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Thanks for reminding me I need to change as well. Haggarty will insure modified vehicles as long as it's not your primary and you have another car, I was surprised talking to them that I could even bring it to work the odd time or stop at a store etc.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

WTF
    contact Zehr

http://www.zehrinsurance.com/

they're brokers and I've been with them now for over 14 years....for all of the vehicles and the house

they are mod-friendly and understand the hobby

You sure about taking it to work or shopping?

They just denied me. Useless. I was being honest about how many miles i put on the vehicle

Guess honesty gets you nowhere

Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    Ya work is a def no go I was told. Shopping is a grey area, if you are out and cruising and stop off to get some milk and eggs, fine most likely. But if you say hey got to run to the mall for a few hours and do some shopping I'll take the stang, no bueno.

Hagerty is great for someone like me who has a fairly modded ride, that they use very sparingly and generally only for point A to point A trips or the occasional show. It's not meant for the guy who uses his modded stang as his summer DD, have yet to see a policy that is suited to that market.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Harbinger View Post
    Guess honesty gets you nowhere

Prevents you from buying a policy that doesn't truly cover your needs and ends up getting cancelled or worse denying claim.
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

Quote Originally Posted by Laffs View Post
    Ya work is a def no go I was told. Shopping is a grey area, if you are out and cruising and stop off to get some milk and eggs, fine most likely. But if you say hey got to run to the mall for a few hours and do some shopping I'll take the stang, no bueno.

Hagerty is great for someone like me who has a fairly modded ride, that they use very sparingly and generally only for point A to point A trips or the occasional show. It's not meant for the guy who uses his modded stang as his summer DD, have yet to see a policy that is suited to that market.

- - - Updated - - -

Prevents you from buying a policy that doesn't truly cover your needs and ends up getting cancelled or worse denying claim.
    Told them that i have a daily it would be a weekend cruiser. Its okay ill find a more reasonable company

Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    I spoke to two reps from haggardy at performance world after my broker told me he deals with them and suggested I swap. I drive the car normally once a week and only for pleasure, I talked with them for a while and in the conversation they said if I wanted to take in to work the odd time that I would be covered, it could not be a regular occurrence. But I've brought it two work twice in 4 years now. The shopping I was asking about was on the way back from a cruise I remember I need juice or bread from Walmart can I swing by and they said yes. (I would never take it on a shopping trip to the mall, no point)

My worry was that it was a show car policy and I could only go two and from events etc.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Yes way back from or on a cruise n stop at the plaza is totally different vs at home n jump in the Mustang to hit Home Depot. Same as when I asked about what happens when away at Woodward or similar car event, reply was of course we'd expect it to get parked at the local mall or restaurant and yes they would fall well within your policy.