Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  1
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Opinions on lawn care services

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Opinions on lawn care services

Well my grass is green but mostly from creepy weed, clover and dandelions. Have been trying to tame the weeds myself for the past couple of years but Scotts weed and feed just isn't doing anything but feeding the weeds.
    Would like to know how successful companies like Dr. Green and Weedman are with your lawns, do they have any magic bullets now.
    I use to use them but when the pesticide(herbicide?) ban came in I found they weren't very effective, and about 10 years ago tore up my lawn and resodded. Pretty well back to this point again.

Grebnitty
    Killex 24d is the only thing that works. Manitoba sells it, and you can probably have it shipped. Just don't let anyone know you are using it.

If you know where to look, you can get the weed killer from the States through Amazon.

Lots of hardware stores still sell things like killex (kills broadleaf weeds) and roundup (kills everything) but they aren't for "cosmetic" use. Some places will gladly sell it to you for all that "Poison ivy" you've got growing at the back of your yard. Also check out kijiji, you can find PAR 3 from time to time and it is what my sod farming friend uses.

Also, you can pick up the good stuff in the states at the usual places, and apparently customs doesn't care as it is a province by province thing, not a federal thing. Of course your mileage may vary, and the agent you get might care very much. So if you go that route and have issues you were warned.

I have access to round up etc., but having a social justice warrior (SJW) daughter, I am looking at the greener side of things. Was hoping that some improvements had been made on the lawn service side.

Super Moderator newbiestangowner's Avatar
    we are paying a company to come by - fertilizer, weed control, and aeration package. 3 rd summer now. Wife is going to cancel; its not working for us.

2014 GT- MT 82, 3.73,Roush a/b, Forgestar f14 19x9/10 firestone firehawk indy 500- 255 F /285 R ,BMR springs sp009, pan hard, koni yellows ,m/m caster,
    MGW XSPEC low profile 2.625in throw
    slo turd 5.0, even slower driver

01CobraVert
    what's not working
    lawn not in better shape?

Super Moderator newbiestangowner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 01CobraVert View Post
    what's not working
    lawn not in better shape?
    ya its not improved any- didn't get worse so she feels she paid to maintain its current state lol !
    weeds are still the same- they don't use a wet weed control , I see some granular stuff on the driveway
    I think the package she got run around 300 or less a season and they do come around ( I see them) but next season I will give it a try, hopefully we still have grass ( more like weeds) after

2014 GT- MT 82, 3.73,Roush a/b, Forgestar f14 19x9/10 firestone firehawk indy 500- 255 F /285 R ,BMR springs sp009, pan hard, koni yellows ,m/m caster,
    MGW XSPEC low profile 2.625in throw
    slo turd 5.0, even slower driver

I'm happy with weedman for price and result.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse View Post
    I'm happy with weedman for price and result.
    Are they able to get rid of the weeds, as I seem to be finding that if they start with a sort of weed free lawn it doesn't get worse, but if you have alot of weeds it doesn't work.