Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  30
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any cabinet makers here

Pretty useful recommendations! I’m considering renovating my kitchen soon. The idea of the ocean blue and white cabinets seems amazing to me. I am just trying to learn whether my idea of spending less than $20K for total kitchen remodel is real. I

Went into my own kitchen reno with the idea of capping off at X, once walls were opened up, kitchen dictated I'd be spending X, Y and Z. Pleased with results though, would not change a thing.

Reno budgets: you should always double them.

No matter how good the plans, how detailed the budget X, there’s always an unknown Y, and sometimes Z.
    It’s a lot less stressful if you start off the project knowing it’s going to cost more and just roll with it.
    -Don____________

We are in the process of redoing our kitchen. We are thinking of white kitchen cabinets but a salesperson said they get dirty. I think they all do if you don't clean them. Anyone have white cabinets? How do you like them? Any pros or cons? Also I've read here https://www.flemingconstructionllc.c...chen-remodels/ that dark cabinetary is trendy now. What do you all have? Thanks.

I would not let anyone talk you out of what turns your crank the most.

I see white cabinets all the time. dirt is solved by cleaning. lol only thing I tend to not like is white cabinets with white appliances. because the whites are never the same.

sales guy maybe just trying to upsell you into more expensive cabinets. as Zr said, its your kitchen. go with the colors you (your wife) want

Case in point, cabinets in my own are light birch.

Honestly can't tell if Oliver47 is a bot or not. Every other post seems to be on an older thread and include some random link to a service in another city.
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver47 View Post
    We are in the process of redoing our kitchen. We are thinking of white kitchen cabinets but a salesperson said they get dirty. I think they all do if you don't clean them. Anyone have white cabinets? How do you like them? Any pros or cons? Also I've read here https://www.flemingconstructionllc.c...chen-remodels/ that dark cabinetary is trendy now. What do you all have? Thanks.
    I had white in my first house and my inlaws have had bright white for 20 years or so. White is always a good choice, bright and timeless doesn't look dated as fast. The difference is if you get a poor finish on the front, they will get dirty and show fingerprints, stain dark etc. if you get a higher quality finish, they will be more durable.

Can never really go wrong with white.
    '21 F150 Screw 4x4 FX4 3.5 Powerboost (Iconic Silver)
    '21 Explorer ST (Atlas Blue)
    '19 Mustang Bullitt (Dark Hyland Green) Vortech Supercharged
    '11 Mustang GT 5.0L (Race Red) 8.92 @ 154 mph

We always found white a little stark and went with Medium Oak cabinets and a relatively timeless style.

1991 Mustang 5.0L LX - Titanium Frost CC Metallic, MM Suspension, Bilstein shocks, Cobra brakes, Edelbrock heads, polished GT-40 intake, new interior
    2018 Mustang GT - Performance Pack, Magneride, Auto, Forged wheels, Active exhaust, Lightning Blue