Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  65
Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 Ram Laramie Quad

Once my Bilsteins got some miles on them, ride degraded an appreciable amount. I don't like the idea of spacers which can allow the wheel enough travel to potentially bind / break a ball joint.
    If the rake bothered me enough, would look to lower the rear vs raise front, would never go leveling kit again.
    Rake on this truck, just enough that I really like how it looks.

right on. guess when I pull the trigger it will come down to who has the truck I want and if they want to sell it bad enough....meaning working with me on the price.

first purchase may be some 305/55-20's for it. next might be exhaust, or tint. heard one on youtube with muffler delete and didn't sound to bad, but a little raspy higher in the rpm's.
    "Without Warning, Without Conscience"

^We have a customer with a muffler delete, truck is also dropped and sounds/looks awesome. The main problem is when it goes into Mds mode it will be unbearable.......apparently the only exhaust to give good sound and still absorb the Mds noise is a made company called Solo, actually I believe they're in T.O., and they'll do the install for free if you buy the system.

Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    For me it came down to. . . . . .

-didn't think I wanted the complication of 4 corner air ride, especially once it got older
    -drove one of each, conventional suspension had the feel I'm looking for.
    -if additional capacity is needed out back, air bags for these trucks are under $200 and very easy to install (goes inside rear coil springs).
    All true.

We've had a few issues with the air ride, a small amount though considering how many trucks are sold with it (a ton). But for me it all comes down to longevity, I've repaired and often eliminated many Ford air ride systems, and I know of several Mercedes cars that are off the road due to the cost of replacing air springs. Great system if you want a real pillowy ride (although really the Ram trucks ride great with coils) and are planning to own for only a few years, but for a keeper you'd be better with coils.

New tonneau cover on it's way.

Can't wait to see it later on.

That is one sweet looking Truck. The Laramie package just finishes the Ram off perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponyryd View Post
    ^We have a customer with a muffler delete, truck is also dropped and sounds/looks awesome. The main problem is when it goes into Mds mode it will be unbearable.......apparently the only exhaust to give good sound and still absorb the Mds noise is a made company called Solo, actually I believe they're in T.O., and they'll do the install for free if you buy the system.

All true.

We've had a few issues with the air ride, a small amount though considering how many trucks are sold with it (a ton). But for me it all comes down to longevity, I've repaired and often eliminated many Ford air ride systems, and I know of several Mercedes cars that are off the road due to the cost of replacing air springs. Great system if you want a real pillowy ride (although really the Ram trucks ride great with coils) and are planning to own for only a few years, but for a keeper you'd be better with coils.
    Carven exhaust is whats on a neighbors truck, sounds pretty good from what I've heard and seen, but I've given people I know strict shoot on site orders if I try to mess with the exhaust of this truck.
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

Quote Originally Posted by Laffs View Post
    ...but I've given people I know strict shoot on site orders if I try to mess with the exhaust of this truck.
    Don't mess with the DD. You need at least one reliable vehicle
    -Don____________

That is a good lookin truck Rick (hope I don't burst into flames for sayin that....)

Thanks Bill.