Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  11
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Polishing Windshield

There is glass polishing product available. You will need a special pad to go with that process.

Monera3v
    Quote Originally Posted by yllrgt View Post
    I can feel the pitting , guess i'm going to have to bite the bullet and pick up new glass (next season) .
    Yup been meaning to replace mine for the longest time.
    I use some compound and a blue heavy cutting pad along with my porter cable D/A
    Removed most of the residue built up on the windshield from sap and other environmental containments

yllrgt
    Ok , found a product and pads on Autogeek , may try it , thanks guys .

Please let us know how it works out Mike.

Awesome! What products and pad did you go with?

yllrgt
    Will do Stephen .

yllrgt
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrape View Post
    Awesome! What products and pad did you go with?
    My thoughts are to try Carpro CeriGlass Polish with Griots Garage 6" Glass Polishing Pads then finish with Pinnacle Glass Coat Sealant & Repellant . I'll tape the car off with light plastic paint drop cloth to protect it and use a dust face mask .

Perfect! Wear the mask for sure. This stuff is harmful.
    My thoughts are to try Carpro CeriGlass Polish with Griots Garage 6" Glass Polishing Pads then finish with Pinnacle Glass Coat Sealant & Repellant . I'll tape the car off with light plastic paint drop cloth to protect it and use a dust face mask .

yllrgt
    I got this done , spent a few hours over 2 days polishing the windshield using an overlapping basket weave pattern . I kept the pad damp so the effect was like water sanding , messy with some splatter but little dusting . A lttle hard on the lower back reaching to the centre of the glass that's why i spread the job over a couple of days . Really impressed with the Pinnacle Sealant but i've never used a finishing product on glass before so can't compare it to other stuff . The windshield isn't perfect but definitely very much improved , wouldn't think of replacing it now .

Cool! Glad to hear it worked out.