Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: aFe Control springs on a fox?

aFe Control springs on a fox?

I have a pair of front Eibach sportline lowering springs (not installed) that I'd like to find some rears to roughly match. Found someone selling a set of rear lowering springs made by aFe control. The seller said they spent a short time on a 92GT (only because they decided to switch to coil overs) assuring me they'll fit a fox.

I've never heard of the brand, their website has springs for new mustangs but doesn't say anything about older.
    Anyone had experience with these?

88GT
    I've been around for a while, just not on this particular forum!

No experience here.

Most reliable springs to use in a Fox, Maximum's Road and Track. Height and performance is pretty much always spot on.

The sportlines are going to be really low. Having never heard of aFe, no idea what the spring rate or lowering amount would be. Unless they are free, I would pass.
    -Don____________

tulowd
    Have the seller send you pic and specs; chances on mixing springs means some re and re for height adjustment; gotta make sure they are within the correct range of lbs/inch.

FYI - the Ford Motorsport M5300-C which was the standard in the past was 650 lbs/in front and 200-300 lbs/in variable out back. They needed to be chopped to drop the car properly.
    Remember also that the front ride height and spring rate affects the rear ride height and the reverse as well.

NOW: if you don't have struts and shocks that can control stiffer springs, you better pull the credit card out, cause those need to be installed at the same time.

http://www.maximummotorsports.com/te...ing_rates.aspx

Thanks for the input!

aFe Control is a newer company, which is why there isn't a ton of info. They make springs for Chev and Ford domestic. All the mustang spring kits are for 2015 mustangs. So below are a picture from the seller of the aFe control (orange) and another person who offered me their mystery springs for free! My friend who used the sportlines got away without upgrading shocks for a while... but it seems my credit card is never not burning...

aFe Control (orange)

Mystery (free!)
    Last edited by m_owing; 08-19-2017 at 03:51 PM.

tulowd
    pics don't show.

Quote Originally Posted by tulowd View Post
    pics don't show.
    photobucket doesn't allow 3rd party hosting anymore, hopefully it works now.

tulowd
    the red ones look like Fox performance springs, the other ones may be an OEM replacements 4 cyl rear coil

Do yourself a solid, buy new MM Road and Track springs along with a set of Bilsteins for all four corners, you simply will not regret the cost plus will appreciate only having to install them once.
    Lowering on stock shocks n struts is an absolute fail in ride quality and performance and in extreme cases can be outright spooky / dangerous to drive.