Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Very Hot Console in 91 Fox

Very Hot Console in 91 Fox

When I"m out driving in my 91 Fox, after awhile the console get so hot you could almost burn yourself on it.
    Any ideas?
    I was wondering if maybe my cats are slightly plugged. Car runs well, but here was a long period where it was running really rich. They are Magnaflow cats and are 7 years old.
    Side note, could running real rich also clog the thermactor crossover tube on the back of the heads?

1991 Mustang 5.0L LX - Titanium Frost CC Metallic, MM Suspension, Bilstein shocks, Cobra brakes, Edelbrock heads, polished GT-40 intake, new interior
    2018 Mustang GT - Performance Pack, Magneride, Auto, Forged wheels, Active exhaust, Lightning Blue

Check to see if your lower shifter boot has deteriorated.
    Rear x over plugged, never seen it.

X2 on the boot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    '88 LX

Haven't checked the lower shifter boot but it was new when the shifter went in in 2009 so I'd be surprised if it was deteriorated.

1991 Mustang 5.0L LX - Titanium Frost CC Metallic, MM Suspension, Bilstein shocks, Cobra brakes, Edelbrock heads, polished GT-40 intake, new interior
    2018 Mustang GT - Performance Pack, Magneride, Auto, Forged wheels, Active exhaust, Lightning Blue

Common failure spot is the boot around the ebrake cable.

As for cross over tube - the one off my brother's old motor was plugged solid - motor burned a lot of oil though.

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie View Post
    Common failure spot is the boot around the ebrake cable.

As for cross over tube - the one off my brother's old motor was plugged solid - motor burned a lot of oil though.
    I've also read that if it is plugged or partially plugged it can produce codes 91 and 41 as well, which I happen to keep getting after 10 min or so of driving though the car runs well.

I'll have to look at e-brake cable boot. Top side looks, great.
    Currently on a business trip, so can't look til Sept 9