Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Modding your Canbus.

Modding your Canbus.

My brother found this program for Fords that allows virtually any electronic system on your car to be changed. The process varies from car to car. On his 17 F150 there are plain english menus to change various vehicle settings. He changed the boot screen on his Truck, changed the turn signal flashes for the lane change feature and changed the DRL's to the fog lights. On my 07 Mustang there are no plain english menus but google searching helps out a lot. I turned off the TPMS system and turned off my DRL's. There is much more to change and explore.

Here is a link to the site. http://forscan.org/ For any VW people it works very much like Vagcom. You'll need a Bluetooth OBD2 Adapter and they offer a list of the best ones to get.

Monera3v
    P.s all highly illegal (DRLs)
    Yes I've done the same,
    Simply as modding the hex code changing a 1 into a 0 and tell the pcm to turn off certain check system.

Ford scan tool and pretty much a OBD2 with a hs-switch to access the sjb settings.

Speeding is illegal too. Having drl off is not illegal.

Monera3v
    Quote Originally Posted by bluetoy View Post
    Speeding is illegal too. Having drl off is not illegal.
    Enjoy your ticket?
    LOL Police officers have been handing out numerous tickets due to folks disabling DRLs using a relay and such.
    I got stopped by an officer and was giving a warning.
    I just re-enabled them and carried on with my day.

Don't think that there is anything in the Ontario Highway Traffic Act about DRLs specifically, unless it's been updated. That was always a federal Transport Canada regulation that cars since 1990 model year needed to have them.

cheers
    Ed
    12 GT500 coupe
    Instagram: ed._nicholson
    Your Ford dealer in the west GTA - Kennedy Ford Sales
    www.kennedyford.ca - please use the Kennedy Ford SVT TMC account for parts inquiries

TheMustangShow
    It is not illegal to operate a Vehicle in Ontario without DRLs.

Under the HTA headlights are only mandatory in Darkness and pending Darkness.

Ontario HTA S. 62:

62. (1) When on a highway at any time from one-half hour before sunset to one-half hour after sunrise and at any other time when, due to insufficient light or unfavourable atmospheric conditions, persons and vehicles on the highway are not clearly discernible at a distance of 150 metres or less, every motor vehicle other than a motorcycle shall carry three lighted lamps in a conspicuous position, one on each side of the front of the vehicle which shall display a white or amber light only, and one on the rear of the vehicle which shall display a red light only. R.S.O. 1990, c. H.8, s. 62 (1).

Quote Originally Posted by monera96 View Post
    I got stopped by an officer and was giving a warning.
    You were given a warning because he had nothing to charge you with. He just wanted to pull you over and have a look.

Turning off the TPMS also is not "highly illegal".
    -Don____________

You can also control and/or change how almost every function of your car (hardware permitting) works.

that is cool.