Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  84
Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Nissan Frontier

Nissan Frontier

Thought I'd post a new thread for this since there has been a few inquiries.

A few weeks ago I finalized a deal on a new 2016 Nissan Frontier SV, and I picked it up last Thursday. With Ford killing the Ranger, and the other manufacturers also dropping their small pickups, or making them bigger, I pulled the trigger on a new Frontier before they remodel (make it bigger) next year or the following year.

It's a 4.0L aluminum V6, 4x4, extended cab, 6' box. ....and it fits in my garage.

First impressions are it's a great little truck. I really really love the rear view camera and the self-dimming rear view mirror. It's only a couple of inches taller and wider than the Ranger was, and about 7" longer. It rides super smooth and has plenty of power coupled with a 6-speed auto. It also has a towing capacity and GVW that will allow me to tow a car trailer. Even with the bigger engine and 4x4, the rated mileage is about the same as my old B3000 (3.0L 2WD), and the insurance is cheaper! I'll be watching the mileage during the next couple of months.

• Tow package
    • Factory applied bed liner
    • Bed extender
    • Adjustable cargo cleats
    • Rear view camera
    • Heated seats and side mirrors

It was actually really difficult to find this vehicle. Few of the Nissan dealerships have the Frontier in stock, and fewer still had the extended cab. This truck has become the new standard for companies that used the Ranger as a fleet vehicle. I'm sorry, but Ford (and GM and Dodge) really dropped the ball when they discontinued the small trucks. They claim that there is no market for this style of vehicle, but I disagree. Between the "chicken tax" and the EPA, it's an uphill battle.
    Last edited by RedSN; 08-14-2017 at 12:26 PM.
    -Don____________

Really nice truck...congrats!...but the rear mud flaps are on wrong, lol!!
    Mike

04 GT
    89 LX...bye-bye!!
    67 Cougar x 2...should have kept them!

Yeah, I know. I need to get some Yosemite Sam "back-off" flaps for the rear.
    -Don____________

TheMustangShow
    Congrats!
    Was sure you'd drive your Ranger forever...LOL

Thought those came with a 6 speed stick or a 5 spd Auto and what is the towing cap? I'm amazed that can pull a Car Trailer.

Looks terrific, enjoy.

Nice looking rig. Congrats!

~REMEMBER, " life in prison" doesn't mean SHIT to a senior citizen ~ http://www.torontomustangclub.ca/for...4&type=profile

WTF
    looks like a nice little truck...congrats

as a former Ranger owner.....it's pretty disappointing to see them stop making it

little trucks are great for those that don't need or want a big rig but need the versatility of a pick up

Quote Originally Posted by TheMustangShow View Post
    Congrats!
    Was sure you'd drive your Ranger forever...LOL

Thought those came with a 6 speed stick or a 5 spd Auto and what is the towing cap? I'm amazed that can pull a Car Trailer.
    Correct, that should have read 5-speed auto. The Pro-4X comes with a 6-speed manual box.

Payload capacity: 1368 lbs
    Towing capacity: 6300 lbs

I probably would have kept the B3000 forever, but I had to figure how much life was left in it? Problem was going to be there wasn't going to be any small trucks anymore by then.

*from the Frontier brochure
    -Don____________

BRAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPPP jibbijib's Avatar
    Nice score Jon! Looks pretty sleak and comfy. Now you just need a car trailer lol

Quote Originally Posted by Intmdtr View Post
    if he can pull out and pass a Honda civic, that thing is modded in my books.
    Quote Originally Posted by Not4You
    I know how to blow trannies!