Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  812
Page 51 of 52 FirstFirst ... 41474849505152 LastLast

Thread: What have you done to your truck today?

Ordered a set of General Grabber Arctic for the Ram today. While I really liked the Avalanche Extreme, current set did not wear well.

^^ If you are looking for a real world review, I think the G unit runs those on his F150.

Already pulled the trigger from Scott. Most of what I'm seeing out there are what I'd classify as a "city snow tire". Back into sledding will see a trailer on back at least once a week, need something that can actually deal with a snotty unplowed road. Another consideration, snow flake rated so there is no grey area with ins co. My summer skins are M&S rated, looking at the tread and having driven on them in an early snow (traction of a virtually bald tire), no idea how tire co's get away with rating them as such.

Ram is in for some much needed love.
    -broken exhaust stud on the passenger side (did drivers side some time ago). Once the heat shield was off, luckily it broken just barely below edge of the manifold so first welded a washer to it then a nut, few taps of the hammer and it spun right out. Yes should pull manifold n replace all bolts and gasket but time is at a premium this go round.

-rotors and new factory pads on the front.

-OE front struts replaced with Bilsteins

-LF wheel bearing replaced with premium Mevotech (did other side while back)

Today we are doing Bilsteins on the rear plus pulling axles to replace both backing plates and parking brake (complete units from OE) then finishing off with an oil n filter change. Truck has been awesome to me over the yrs, first real money I've spent on it, don't begrudge a cent of it. Next time in will be trans pan n filter change, front diff change plus transfer case flush n fill.

Got lucky, replacing single broken exhaust manifold bolt then snugged back down worked without removing entire manifold...........leak is gonzo.
    Brakes back to feeling top notch.
    Parking brake working as it should.
    Wheel brng took away constant growl in the front.
    While I was looking fwd to a difference installing new struts and shocks, did not expect it to be that much. Bilstein got the valving right with a combo of control plus significant upgrade in ride.

I’ve had my truck for a year now….gotta slow down using it so much….just turned over 2400 klm….lol
    Just waiting for this crap to be over so we can travel again

LOL

Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    Got lucky, replacing single broken exhaust manifold bolt then snugged back down worked without removing entire manifold...........leak is gonzo.
    Brakes back to feeling top notch.
    Parking brake working as it should.
    Wheel brng took away constant growl in the front.
    While I was looking fwd to a difference installing new struts and shocks, did not expect it to be that much. Bilstein got the valving right with a combo of control plus significant upgrade in ride.
    My PS side tick hasn't gotten too loud to ignore, hoping I have similar luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

At least PS has excellent access, can't say same about DS when I did it but still not a super terrible job.

New tonneau cover

-Don____________