Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  812
Page 23 of 52 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast

Thread: What have you done to your truck today?

We suggest changing by 80k. Never a huge improvement when changed early but always notice runs at least a lil better, some more than others.

Was home for a couple weeks and finally was able to get a few things done to the Lightning.

First stop was to the Dr's ZR & Ross! Just want to give a BIG Shout out to Rick & Ross who once again went above and beyond, they even snuck the old girl in for an alignment for me knowing I am strapped for time how sweet is that!! Thanks Rick & Ross you guys Rock!!

Front Rotors and Pads, Front Wheel Bearings & Seals, Tie Rods, Ball Joints, Step Colder TR6 Plugs, 8 new OEM COP’s, SCT BA 3000 MAF and a Metco 4 lb Lower pully to up the fun factor.

The next day was off to see Diago in Ajax and had some fun on the Dyno, of course I picked the hottest day of the year! Was a tough day heat wise but she did pretty good, started off at 323/389 and after a few pulls and tweaks she finished up at 404/498 to the rears. Another shout out to Diago for getting me in early and getting the truck in the zone

Couldn't resist going to the track so spent Saturday at Cayuga and then Sunday at St. Thomas Dragway. Super happy with the results, and can't wait to get home in a few weeks to go for a rip, now a couple pics

Best Pass of the weekend was at St. Thomas, this was with no burnout on Nitto NT555 G2's, full weight including golf clubs in the back

Not truck related but was digging this Charger super sweet:

You might recognize this guy
    2024 VW MK8R - Lapis Blue - 6-Speed
    2004 SVT Cobra - Sold
    2004 SVT Lightning - Sold

Man it was good to see you, been way too long. The truck has to feel like a totally different animal, congrats n enjoy.

What a gorgeous truck! And nice numbers to boot!
    -Don____________

Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    Man it was good to see you, been way too long. The truck has to feel like a totally different animal, congrats n enjoy.
    Ditto Rick, it's been way way too long! The truck feels awesome and fell back in love with her again...lol...still a few things to do but the majority of the big stuff is now done (famous last words haha) it's just plain fun to drive now
    2024 VW MK8R - Lapis Blue - 6-Speed
    2004 SVT Cobra - Sold
    2004 SVT Lightning - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post
    What a gorgeous truck! And nice numbers to boot!
    Thanks Don, hopefully will see you out this year I am going to try an attend more events if I am not working

What I've done to the truck today is to try and figure out which new shocks to install. Mine still has the original ones!!

Since the original's are Bilstein 4600, I went to Bilstein's website and found that the shocks are the same for my 05 Power Wagon and the 2500 model. First problem solved.
    I don't want to spend too much on the truck, since my son is still in university. The Bilstein 5100 will cost me $520 + tax and the Rancho RS5000X will be $255 + tax at Rock Auto. I would prefer the Bilsteins, but for the price difference are the Ranchos a bad thing for the truck? They also offer a lifetime warranty...but so does Monroe with the Gas Magnum and the Reflex brands. I could also go the cheapest route and get the Gas Magnums for $226??
    Mike

04 GT
    89 LX...bye-bye!!
    67 Cougar x 2...should have kept them!

If Bilsteins don't fit the current budget (my #1 choice), next best option would be either Gas Magnums or Reflex. Difference between the two, Magnums would be a much firmer ride. If truck is primarily used as a car / lightly loaded, Reflex would do you well.

Thanks for chiming in Rick. The Reflex shocks are about $240-250. Sounds like a plan!
    Mike

04 GT
    89 LX...bye-bye!!
    67 Cougar x 2...should have kept them!

I’ll second that, Reflex are good and priced well.