Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  812
Page 29 of 52 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast

Thread: What have you done to your truck today?

Quote Originally Posted by Snaketamer View Post
    Got my truck back yesterday....The dealer changed one spring. I couldn't talk them into doing both. Said they measured height and was same as driver side. New rear window and slider was also installed. Nice to have rear defrost again.
    I noticed a slight sound coming from the front of the engine. They checked it out and ordered a new belt tensioner along with water pump....so back to the dealer in a couple weeks.
    What always slays me about warranty work, if the truck was out of warranty n you took in with a broken spring, they'd have outright refused to just install one. Sadly, dealer can only repair as per what the mfg will pay them for. Good to hear your fixed up though.

Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    What always slays me about warranty work, if the truck was out of warranty n you took in with a broken spring, they'd have outright refused to just install one. Sadly, dealer can only repair as per what the mfg will pay them for. Good to hear your fixed up though.
    Exactly, Rick...you know they'ed be saying I should change the front shocks also. oh well...it is, what it is...

Your mobile and it sits level again, life is good brother.

Quote Originally Posted by Snaketamer View Post
    Got my truck back yesterday....The dealer changed one spring. I couldn't talk them into doing both. Said they measured height and was same as driver side.
    That is horrible and I would have made a huge deal about it with the Stealership. I had my 2017 F150 FX4 making some weird metal on metal sound in the front end with only 9,000 kms on it. Took it to the dealer for service (LOF) and told them about the noise. They called later that afternoon saying they could not duplicate the noise but I could come and pick it up. Service Advisor tells me they drove it but they had not driven it at all. I had noted the mileage when dropped off and when I picked it up it had an additional .2kms on it. Told him someone was FOS and the service invoice showed they drove it 5km.

I left pissed off. A week later the same noise reared its ugly head again. Went to the F150 forums and found the issue with several videos of it. It turns out that Ford in their antiquated ways uses a vacuum system for the 4x4 system. The check valve fails and the system tries to engage the system causing the horrible metal on metal sounds. Dealers had been changing hubs and an assortment of front end parts when it was all caused by a $15.00 check valve. After finding this out I took a copy of the forum thread along with the You Tube link and presented to the Service Department. I was told "We do not replace parts based on the internet" After some civil back and forth the Advisor who was losing the conversation struck a nerve and my reply back to him was something suited for an "R" rated movie.

Not wanting to get green and angry I walked away to get the "Big Gun" (The wife) to speak to the Service Manager where she relayed the details of our first visit and presented my recent internet findings. After reviewing the materials and providing an apology on behalf of the Dealer he agreed to swap out the $15.00 part. Picked up the truck later that day and had no issues afterwards. I feel I saved Ford some $ and face as they could now diagnose and fix incoming F150's with the same issue.
    Member of the IDGAF+FU2 Community

^^^^lmao where would we be without the big gun...lol - I'm pretty sure I know where I would be!

Another board member is going nutz with his making what he describes as the same kinda noise. It's had a boat load of parts replaced so far, no love yet, still doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chinga View Post
    That is horrible and I would have made a huge deal about it with the Stealership. I had my 2017 F150 FX4 making some weird metal on metal sound in the front end with only 9,000 kms on it. Took it to the dealer for service (LOF) and told them about the noise. They called later that afternoon saying they could not duplicate the noise but I could come and pick it up. Service Advisor tells me they drove it but they had not driven it at all. I had noted the mileage when dropped off and when I picked it up it had an additional .2kms on it. Told him someone was FOS and the service invoice showed they drove it 5km.

I left pissed off. A week later the same noise reared its ugly head again. Went to the F150 forums and found the issue with several videos of it. It turns out that Ford in their antiquated ways uses a vacuum system for the 4x4 system. The check valve fails and the system tries to engage the system causing the horrible metal on metal sounds. Dealers had been changing hubs and an assortment of front end parts when it was all caused by a $15.00 check valve. After finding this out I took a copy of the forum thread along with the You Tube link and presented to the Service Department. I was told "We do not replace parts based on the internet" After some civil back and forth the Advisor who was losing the conversation struck a nerve and my reply back to him was something suited for an "R" rated movie.

Not wanting to get green and angry I walked away to get the "Big Gun" (The wife) to speak to the Service Manager where she relayed the details of our first visit and presented my recent internet findings. After reviewing the materials and providing an apology on behalf of the Dealer he agreed to swap out the $15.00 part. Picked up the truck later that day and had no issues afterwards. I feel I saved Ford some $ and face as they could now diagnose and fix incoming F150's with the same issue.
    What part did they swap? My truck has been doing this for 17 months now and is currently at Ford for a week to try to figure out what the problem is.
    "If your wife is having a good time and you're not,
    You're still having a better time than if you were having a good time, and she wasn't."

Never mind, already had that part replaced 3 times. Next step is to get rid of it and buy a competitors product.
    "If your wife is having a good time and you're not,
    You're still having a better time than if you were having a good time, and she wasn't."

Well my Diode Dynamics LED bulbs finally arrive last week. Pulled the truck in to the shop today to swap the headlights, fogs light, and reverse lights.

First thoughts are the Diode Dynamics lights are packaged super well, looks sturdy, and build quality appears top notch.

Second thoughts, DO NOT FUCKING DO THIS IN THE WINTER UNLESS YOUR GARAGE IS FRIGGIN HEATED AND YOUR TRUCK IS IN THERE FOR A HOT MINUTE. I snapped a couple tabs from being so brittle in the cold one on my grille, one on the headlight and one on the taillight. Everything still bolted up solid and I'm sure the replacement hardware from the dealer will only be mildly rape-y.

Disassembly for a Ram is straightforward. There's 1 million minus 1 videos on Youtube, only thing I will say in addition to do this when its warm is the headlight wiring tabs are weird and I needed a flathead to pry them to get them to pop. Either way, getting headlights, fog lights, and reverse lights was about an hour total, including have to remove my tailgate assist to get at my taillight screws.

Results. First things first the actual colour and appearance of the bulbs is 1000x times better than stock. My stocks look like yellow 1930s street lamps. Cut off for the headlights are very sharp, doesn't seem to throw glare or be a go fuck yourself get blinded light.

Overall I'll say this is worth the $500 price of admission if for no other reason it makes my trucks lights look actually modern, not like a 1993 D150. Caveat, I have only tested this in my driveway near my garage, I plan on driving the truck tomorrow night so I'll have real world testing to report then and say if it's somehow worse than stock. In the interim, here's some shitty photos!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

Ya these have a significant advantage over stock. Decided to visit a buddy last night who lives on what is basically the darkest street I've ever experienced. Usually I have to slow roll the whole block with the windows down to see which house is his. With these lights I had no issues spotting the house number rock on his house (didn't even know he had this) even with the stupidly dark tinted windows up.

Yea this is not exactly empirical evidence but I do feel like these were a solid buy and improvement over the stock halogen.
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate