Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  812
Page 13 of 52 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: What have you done to your truck today?

Quote Originally Posted by Ponyryd View Post
    ^That looks like a cool option. I never plug my stuff in but I remember being impressed to see a spring loaded door and a plug in the lower grille of my ‘04 Taurus. Thought about taking it before sending the car to scrap, but yea, even if it was that easy I’d still never use it, so I left it.
    Doing it because, well, you know how I am with paint and stuff. I hate the Ram having it's plug up at headlight and hood where if left out it will just smash in to the paint. Also ya I was never one to plug the truck in but with my commute being 3 minutes long and under a km I figure anything to minimize idling and get more heat in motor in winter helps.
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

With regard to the side steps, personally I like the look of the factory ones, but if you get any make sure they’re not the polished ones, they seem to corrode after a couple years around the steps, under warranty if installed by us so we do a lot of them for that reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Laffs View Post
    Ordered the Noco block heater plug, put myself on the wait list for the Diode Dynamics LED bulbs, now researching AMP research power steps and winter. Love the idea of the power steps but afraid to drop near 2k on steps and have them fail in 2-3 years.
    Just passed the 4th year mark with my AMP power steps, still work like new. As for winter, the snow does build up on them and can affect how they go up. I normally just kick it off but a set of mud flaps up front would fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by USAWIT2 View Post
    Just passed the 4th year mark with my AMP power steps, still work like new. As for winter, the snow does build up on them and can affect how they go up. I normally just kick it off but a set of mud flaps up front would fix it.
    Thanks for the real world review! Hard to find many people with the AMP's in Canada it seems.

Really nice looking product but at nearly 2k US, out of my comfort zone.

Quote Originally Posted by Laffs View Post
    Ordered the Noco block heater plug, put myself on the wait list for the Diode Dynamics LED bulbs, now researching AMP research power steps and winter. Love the idea of the power steps but afraid to drop near 2k on steps and have them fail in 2-3 years.
    I contact some other company on amazon about their LED lights, apparently I would have to cut the back of the light bucket and also install the canbus circuits. Hopefully DD is better then that
    "Without Warning, Without Conscience"

Yea, I've see the bucket mod on HID's. Not a huge deal but hoping these are more of a PnP type deal.

Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    Really nice looking product but at nearly 2k US, out of my comfort zone.
    Wow guess the price has gone up a bit since I got mine. Not sure what the dollar was at but I believe I paid $1200us shipped to my door

Quote Originally Posted by USAWIT2 View Post
    Wow guess the price has gone up a bit since I got mine. Not sure what the dollar was at but I believe I paid $1200us shipped to my door
    They have way more options now. The standard hard wire kits still seem to be 1200USD, but now they have plug and play kits with LED accent lights which drives the price up.

So I finally had a few minutes to install.......

-WeatherTech front flaps. Talk about easy peasy, bolt right into place using factory fasteners and fit the factory fender flares perfectly. Purchased in the hope they will cut down on snow / ice build up at the front of the running boards.

-Bilstein rear shocks. While the stockers were not bad they did lack in compression dampening which made the truck a lil too rolly polly for me especially on uneven roads. Not many miles on them yet but initial impression suggests they are an absolute win.

-WeatherTech rear mat, just like the front, fits like a glove n looks terrific.

-OEM limited slip, truck came with an open rear diff (don't understand anyone ordering a truck without posi but hey), straight swap for the stocker along with fresh fill of Chryco 75w140 synthetic.