Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  812
Page 2 of 52 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: What have you done to your truck today?

They are optional as I recall.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ponyryd View Post
    Good thread!

But....those trucks don't come with wheel liners from the factory?

New Ram has them, pissed me off to no end former GM did not.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrape View Post
    They are optional as I recall.
    Definitely optional on all the F150s I have owned. Also my buddy has to order them for his new GMC as well. Stupid if you ask me. They should be a standard feature.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “Help me Jesus! Help me Jewish God! Help me Allah! Help me Tom Cruise! Tom Cruise use your witchcraft on me to get the fire off me! Help me Oprah Winfrey!” — Ricky Bobby

That's what I thought. No reason not to make it standard equipment especially for the price you pay for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by CDNfyrfytr View Post
    Definitely optional on all the F150s I have owned. Also my buddy has to order them for his new GMC as well. Stupid if you ask me. They should be a standard feature.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    New Ram has them, pissed me off to no end former GM did not.
    Ram has had them standard for many years, that's why it surprised me the others didn't. As Scrape says, huge surprise considering the price......not to mention those are the cash-cow of the company, they make huge money on trucks, and leaving out those lines is saving them what? $10 truck?

Mustang Occasionally
    I haven't had them put on any of my previous F150's, 3 of which have been black and the difference visually is far less contrasting.

I can see both pluses and minus to them. I'm sure they cut down on road noise, especially on gravel back roads. And obviously they cut down on crap getting into some areas under the bed/frame.

But whatever muck, snow, ice etc that does get up there and behind the liners would be harder to spray off. In the winter time, I take my truck to the spray bays and really focus on getting crap off from inside all the wheel wells.

03svt
    Quote Originally Posted by allicedout View Post
    Lets get this started....

Placed an order for a Dee Zee Tailgate assist from Amazon.

Attachment 9448

Also dropped the hammer on a pair of rear Husky fender liners also from Amazon.

Attachment 9449

Last but not least got a universal shorty antenna that unfortunately didn't come with the right thread attachement for the truck so back it went..... Also from Amazon.

Attachment 9450
    I bought mine from Cravenspeed, think it was like 60$ shipped but fit perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Armen View Post
    I haven't had them put on any of my previous F150's, 3 of which have been black and the difference visually is far less contrasting.

I can see both pluses and minus to them. I'm sure they cut down on road noise, especially on gravel back roads. And obviously they cut down on crap getting into some areas under the bed/frame.

But whatever muck, snow, ice etc that does get up there and behind the liners would be harder to spray off. In the winter time, I take my truck to the spray bays and really focus on getting crap off from inside all the wheel wells.
    If you're on the fence about getting them or not, I'll tell you that any I've taken off have never had more than dust behind them....this is on Rams though

tulowd
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Fart View Post
    Spent the day putting in my audio system in the Ram. Put a lot of time running the cables to the amp in the rear only to find out that the wires going to the doors are in a connector with no room to pass the speaker wire...great for removing the door, not so great for audio. I'll have to figure plan B. Sorry for the bad pic...

Mike: I'm in the middle of doing my sound system in the F150. Using all factory speaker harnesses and connectors; bought three sets from Metra on Amazon. Nothing wrong with OEM wiring to speakers, they use decent insulators and are fine for anything short of a competition system.
    I just replaced 4 OEM Sony door speakers, with M+M front components woofers and a two way JBLs in the rear; along with a bunch of door Dynamat.
    Next up:a set of high end Pioneer Ti tweeters into the A pillars, then a center channel replacement.

Later (maybe today!) I'll pull out the console and cut 40 wires to interrupt the 7 channel 700W Sony amp output and wire in a Cervin Vega electronic line level adaptor/ pre amp summing device - gets rid of all the digital garbage built in and sends a simple 2 channel signal into my yet-to-be-designed processor and multiple amplifier setup. Under $200 but not for the faint of heart for installing. The better way is the Rockford or JL Audio pre amp setups, but they are about $1500 for essentially the same thing.

When changing speakers, it is worthwhile to play with the phasing and sometimes the crossover points - many factory wiring setups are not tuned properly and can be improved in terms of imaging, bass response and various other characteristics; especially with more than 4 speakers.

I bought the storage box for under the rear seat. So much better than having things roll around the floor.

Easy Peasy to install too... maybe 5 minutes including the time to get it out of the box.

https://www.huskyliners.com/GearBox-...rew-cab-pickup
    Last edited by Mellow Yellow; 09-02-2017 at 04:15 PM.