Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  812
Page 28 of 52 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast

Thread: What have you done to your truck today?

^ Ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Snaketamer View Post
    Dropped off my '14 FX4 at the dealer this morning. The rear window defroster stopped working so, they ordered a new rear glass/sliding window for installation.
    While waiting for it to be shipped to the dealer another issue reared it's ugly head..lol One morning while sitting in the driveway, the truck was warming up. I hear a loud bang. I'm like...wtf? Thought maybe it was the running board contracting cus it was a cold morning. Later that day, while shovelling the drive, I look down and find a piece of the front passenger side coil spring. Sure enough, I take a look up under the truck and the suspension has dropped about an inch and a half. Wow...my truck has 49k pampered kilometers. When I call the dealer, first thing he says is... 'oh, you have a plow on that, eh!' LOL NO!
    So, all is covered under the ESP. Guess the heat treatment was shiat on the spring...
    Remember Ford rep telling me your tires are cracking because it sits too much , when the rotors went prematurely they said I drive it too hard ..,within a month of each other

Quote Originally Posted by Snaketamer View Post
    Dropped off my '14 FX4 at the dealer this morning. The rear window defroster stopped working so, they ordered a new rear glass/sliding window for installation.
    While waiting for it to be shipped to the dealer another issue reared it's ugly head..lol One morning while sitting in the driveway, the truck was warming up. I hear a loud bang. I'm like...wtf? Thought maybe it was the running board contracting cus it was a cold morning. Later that day, while shovelling the drive, I look down and find a piece of the front passenger side coil spring. Sure enough, I take a look up under the truck and the suspension has dropped about an inch and a half. Wow...my truck has 49k pampered kilometers. When I call the dealer, first thing he says is... 'oh, you have a plow on that, eh!' LOL NO!
    So, all is covered under the ESP. Guess the heat treatment was shiat on the spring...
    wow. anything to do with the weather temps going super low? I knew a guy that said on Japanese trucks, the hub bearings would make noise in anything -20 or lower because it wasn't actually tested to extreme temps. I know Ford should be testing these things in extreme temps, but maybe the supplier of the coil spring didn't. That's craziness!

Shouldn't have to pamper your truck.....period.

^^^shouldn't be...all the trucks up here would break down!!
    Mike

04 GT
    89 LX...bye-bye!!
    67 Cougar x 2...should have kept them!

Got my truck back yesterday....The dealer changed one spring. I couldn't talk them into doing both. Said they measured height and was same as driver side. New rear window and slider was also installed. Nice to have rear defrost again.
    I noticed a slight sound coming from the front of the engine. They checked it out and ordered a new belt tensioner along with water pump....so back to the dealer in a couple weeks.

You would think with the money these trucks cost nowadays there would be a lil more quality control.. nope. My ram seems to get a new squeak or rattle every week. Starting to drive me nuts.. it’s 6 yrs old with 70k km’s.
    '88 LX

^^^ Time for a louder exhaust

Quote Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
    ^^^ Time for a louder exhaust
    1/2 loud vehicles is enough for me
    '88 LX

^ Old peeps.
    LOL

Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    ^ Old peeps.
    LOL
    Hey my boat is loud.