Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  5

Thread: My 2016 f150 Screw

03svt

My 2016 f150 Screw

Bought last July from Bill @ Heritage Ford.

2016 f150 XLT sport Screw 5.5box 5L Fx4 appearance package.

Only picture I have of the truck with the decals on it, couple days after I bought I installed the flush mount hard folding tonneau cover

Wanted some lighting upgrades this spring, ordered the headlights from stage 3 motorsports and LED fogs from Ed @ parkwayford

And the fogs

Pulled all the appearance pack decals off, as I wasn't 100% on them anymore.

Then installed new Fast HD wheels and new 33" BFG K02's

Next thing I want to do is grab a black Lariat grill and maybe a sound system upgrade.

Nice Truck.

Like the new wheels!
    -Don____________

Nice rig

Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post
    Like the new wheels!
    Yep, same here!!
    Mike

04 GT
    89 LX...bye-bye!!
    67 Cougar x 2...should have kept them!

Great looking truck. The mods set it off.
    ~Scott B

Roushcharged
    Truck looks awesome! Any rubbing issues with the tires and are the headlights plug and play?

Sweeeeeeeeeeet.

03svt
    Quote Originally Posted by allicedout View Post
    Truck looks awesome! Any rubbing issues with the tires and are the headlights plug and play?
    No issues at all with rubbing, it's only 1" taller than stock. I believe SVOmach1 is running 34's on stock wheels with no issues on his f150.

Headlights just needed two wires spliced in for the LED's so it will switch to turn signal when activated, other than that everything was plug and play.

tulowd
    Just finished first portion of my 2014 F150 Supercab Sony sound system upgrade, so this might be of interest

Made 1/2" thick MDF speaker mounting panels (6x8" --> 5-1/4" adaptor plates actually)
    12x12 piece of Dynamat Extreme glued onto the inside of each outer door skin
    Replaced 7 speakers with:
    M+M 5-1/4" front mid bass door drivers
    Pioneer titanium 1" A pillar tweeters with 12db/oct passive crossovers
    JBL 5-1/4" coax in the rear doors
    Biggest mod was converting the 3-1/2" dash mounted center channel speaker over to a M+M 5-1/4" coax full range.
    Filled the 8" sub box with polyester pillow stuffing
    Tried various phasing scenarios between the speakers

Results:
    Center channel upgrade made the largest noticeable difference, adding a ton of front stage and nearly doubling the perceived bass output!
    The other speakers improved the sonic quality noticeably, but will require more power in order to capitalize on their capabilities.
    The subwoofer reaches down one more octave but is still too quiet, especially when compared to the OEM Alpine system in the Ram trucks.
    Since I had all this product in my tickle trunk, it was a free mod, other than the app 12 hrs of time it took to do all this. I used Metra speaker harness adaptors in the doors, unfortunately the third pair did NOT work on the front tweeters or on the center channel, as those use unique connectors.

Next up:
    1) Passive 8" DVC Bazooka tube to replace the OEM sub temporarily using the Sony OEM amp.
    then
    2) Cerwin Vega high end line level converter to grab a summed and normalized analog RCA signal to feed Audio Control or Pioneer crossovers/eqs and some serious amplification.
    3) Real subwoofer cabinet, likely with several 10" or 12" Dr. Crankenstein or JL Audio subs.

No pics, as Tiny Pics is full. Will try to add later on.
    Last edited by tulowd; 09-05-2017 at 10:47 PM.