Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  6
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Rust Proofing.

Rust Proofing.

In the past I used Rust Check with poorish results. Switched over to Krown on my last two trucks, huge rust on my '03 due to what I feel was improper application. Found someone that applied much better when I got the '11 but did have several issues related to the product itself. First, all door rubbers on both my truck and Kath's car are 110% screwed. Previous store operator said no problem they'd look after it but he's gone and Krown told me to buzz off. Second, on the truck, caused an issue where the plastic fuel pump module would become conductive across the top causing intermittent poor running and the gas gauge going berserk. Replaced the module plus sender after being assured by Krown it was a total fluke only to have it happen a second time. Third, truck saw little to no gravel roads but did have paint peeling on the fender lips and some rust starting. While it's a filthy mess much of the summer I'm anal about washing in the winter. Hard to say if it's a GM paint issue or Krown but rust is for sure on their heads.
    Fast forward to my new ride, considering Corrosion Free, does anyone have long term experience with it?

Hey Rick, no experience with corrosion free but I have had great success with Bob oil rustproofing in bowman like. I also used to work in a transmission shop and literally saw hundreds of cars done by bobs and I could always tell which ones they were. I have no affiliation with them at all. Only good results

I too am interested in what is said here as I was going to bring the new DD to your Krown guy.
    Just did a quick Google search on "Corrosion Free vs Krown", and the first hit was a write up on local Subaru forum.
    Just reading the posts now, but doesn't look like a good alternative either.

Corrosion Free is a great product much cleaner, doesn't drip and doesn't need to be sprayed yearly, unlike Krown. The problem is there's not many "good" dealers who spray CF, most of them are Crappy Tire shops which we all know is a big no-no! The only shop that does a some what good job is Robinson Automotive in Mississauga and there's another shop some car clubs use is D and J automotive in Woodbridge which them too are a hit and miss in their work.

I never had my vehicles sprayed with CF, I'm going off what others have said.

What I've been doing myself and had great results over the years is spray the undercarriage, engine bay, wheel wells with Fluid Flim. After the first year application all I do is yearly touch ups to the areas that wore off ie: like the wheel wells. Bonus Fluid Film can be purchased in larger containers and can be applied with a paint gun as well.

What about Ziebart?
    Mike

04 GT
    89 LX...bye-bye!!
    67 Cougar x 2...should have kept them!

Yes Robinson Automotive in Mississauga comes up as the most reliable shop to have it applied.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Fart View Post
    What about Ziebart?
    Old skool tar applications like Ziebart look good but in essence just trap salt / water above them.

03svt
    Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    Yes Robinson Automotive in Mississauga comes up as the most reliable shop to have it applied.
    Robinson sprayed my 13f150 and my father in laws Buick Enclave, only had my 13 f150 for a couple years so I can't say how the truck is holding up, but the Buick still nice and clean and no issues with the rubber or anything you mentioned.

Roushcharged
    I was thinking of getting the truck undercoated to protect the frame and suspension, the bodies some type of aluminum alloy so lets see how long it holds up. Sub'd in to hear the results.

2005BlackGT
    Like everything it's not necessarily the product. . it's the person or people doing the Application.