Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  6
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Rust Proofing.

Quote Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
    I don't know... Back in the day when I had my Dakota I sprayed it with Fluid Film every year for a span of 9-10 years before selling it. I never had any issues with swollen or sagging rubber seals, gaskets or weather stripping.
    Good to know. Back of fluid film bottle

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ponyryd View Post
    I had my doors and under hood done with the "dealer rustproofing", you know, the yellowish paint-like grease stuff......personal,y I'm gonna spray some fluid film in the doors and spray the underside myself with a oil/trans/steering fluid kinda mix. Did my Wrangler with it last year and it's still there, although it doesn't see winter use, lol.

Poor results with Krown, and really it's a lot of money at the end of the day. I'd think the thing to do imo is touchless car wash with underspray at least once a week in the winter. Probably cheaper than Krown, plus the car is clean.
    I rarely to never wash the car in the winter. All that salt that is on the car turns into a solution and finds its way deeper into those cracks and crevices where rust does its thing. I Krown every year in Bolton with no resulting rust or sags in seals. That's my 2 coppers.

Quote Originally Posted by cf105arrow View Post
    I rarely to never wash the car in the winter. All that salt that is on the car turns into a solution and finds its way deeper into those cracks and crevices where rust does its thing. I Krown every year in Bolton with no resulting rust or sags in seals. That's my 2 coppers.
    Just going by what I see in the repair trade, cars that are kept clean and undersprayed don't rust near as badly as those that are neglected and left to have the salt soak in and cause rust. I remember one customer I had who had a 2002 Grand Prix (you know, the cars that never have rockersi left)......well his were mint, could even lift the car by them, car was washed often, always the good auto wash with the underspray.

When I was daily driving Ol Paint, I had it Krowned every year and I washed it on average three times a week during the winter months (I had one of those Petro Canada car wash cards). It has held up pretty well if you ask me.

I will need to find a decent place around here to have mine under coated. Good thing is at work it gets pulled into the bay for 12hrs a day and gets hosed down religiously in the winter months.
    "Without Warning, Without Conscience"

Quote Originally Posted by canadian88lx View Post
    Are you sure it was the fluid film? I've personally used it on over 20 vehicles that I have rustproofed for people and never had a problem?
    1000% Sure it was fluid film.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had my mach 1 rust proofed today by Corrosion Free shop in Etobicoke. Excellent customer service. They gave me 10 dollar discount off my mustang and a friend's car for bringing in multiple vehicles.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Corrosion Free in Etobicoke or Krown in Richmond Hill?

2 cars and a truck so far. Who else?
    Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    In.

That's a bit of a jaunt for me. Going to check out Krown in Collingwood later this week
    "Without Warning, Without Conscience"

Rust Proofing.

Been pretty happy with Krown so far.. we'll see how the door rubbers hold up.

I spray mine every October and that shit is still pouring out come spring/summer. It must be doin the job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    '88 LX