Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  6
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Rust Proofing.

Any petroleum based product aloud to sit against the rubbers will swell and sag ..... keep the bottom of the doors very clean and you reduce the chance of having rubber issues . Silicone helps but is only temporary

Didn't see any petroleum ingredients in the corrosion free info

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Buddies car in for corrosion free. Service is great.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Scrape View Post
    Corrosion Free in Etobicoke or Krown in Richmond Hill?

2 cars and a truck so far. Who else?
    Did you get anywhere with that Laurence?

Just had my wife's 16 Fusion done at Krown here in Newmarket. I haven't bothered with the Mustang as it's not winter driven and I won't keep it more than 3 years anyway.
    While at Krown they saw my brand spanking new F-250 and told me I should get it done. I retorted that it's got an aluminum body and won't rust. They suggested the frame should get done anyway. We'll be keeping this truck for a long time. Any thoughts on this?
    1971 Avanti II, 2022 F250 4 dr diesel
    '89 Coupe, ,'F550 Dump
    '21 Bronco 4-door, 22 Mustang vert
    '18 Ecosport, 2018 F-55
    '17 F-250, 96 Mustang GT vert

One thing to remember, certain metals don't react well to one another, so aluminum body, steel frame....I would get the frame and underbelly components done at the very least
    "Without Warning, Without Conscience"

When deciding to have an alum body protected or not, quick flash back to the corroding '05 up hoods that hardly ever saw rain let alone salt n the such.

Krowned my truck last week.. time for a wash!
    '88 LX

Krowned the mustang last week. They went bananas this year. A lot of drip on the floor of the garage and a lot of smoke from under the hood for the first half hour. New ownership in Bolton. 2 of the guys working on my car I recognized but the others looked new. I guess too much is better than too little.

StratGT
    Here's my testimony:

I had my TDI done with Corrosion Free in Mississauga exactly 5 years ago. I was under the car during my last oil change and the product was still on there. The car was brand new at the time when I had this done. It was applied by the owner of Fine Details in Mississauga. It took him nearly 2 hours to remove under carriage parts, spray and reinstall those parts...there was no drilling. It is completely dripless which is important to me.

My VW is my 15th new vehicle and in the past when using Krown and Rust Check I became tired of explaining why my vehicle is dripping oil on my parents, relatives, friends, clients, and peoples driveways.

The research I did at the time showed Corrosion Free was rated the best rust proofing product by the Canadian Army.

It is the best product that I've ever used and at the time it was $100. You do not have to apply it once a year nor will the tell you it's required annually.

Hope this helps.