Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Rust Proofing.

^ Have you looked under to see how well it's working?

StratGT
    Yes, now with 120K in 5 years there is still no rust at all. I'm due for another oil change...I'll take some photos of the car. Also, my car has never been garage kept.

VW told me that their building process has eliminated rust issues...I've learned to ignore VW and their honesty. lol

Really appreciated, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    I think Krown generally did a decent job preventing rust, collateral damage amounts to a big chunk of change though.
    Have to agree here Rick. Used to have my Mustang sprayed by Krown (as you know by the mess you dealt with every time under the car). Their solution really did a number on my inner wheel wells, as well as my rockers swelled and I eventually just ended up replacing them with the cobra rockers as the old ones swelled and warped very badly. I stopped spraying it the last few years I had it and the car never had rust but the inconvenience, mess and smell was not worth it in my opinion. Need to look into this corrosion free option for my current SUV.
    FABMAN

Thanks for the input StratGT. Glad to hear that this product works well! I have always used the "Other" products in the past but was never really happy with the end results. Rust still kicked in and the drips were horrible. Corrosion Free has been applied to 2 of our cars so far and zero drips. Glad that this topic was brought up here and led me to this great product.

I Krown my vehicles every other year. Has worked for me and no ill affects, aside from the dripping of product for a bit. I've taken it to the same Krown store in North Oshawa for a number of years, with the same guy owning the shop. Maybe the application has something to do with the success?

Quote Originally Posted by Quicksilver View Post
    Just had my wife's 16 Fusion done at Krown here in Newmarket. I haven't bothered with the Mustang as it's not winter driven and I won't keep it more than 3 years anyway.
    While at Krown they saw my brand spanking new F-250 and told me I should get it done. I retorted that it's got an aluminum body and won't rust. They suggested the frame should get done anyway. We'll be keeping this truck for a long time. Any thoughts on this?
    Not sure how they’ll hold up in the long run, but anything I’ve seen with aluminum panels has been fairly terrible. This goes for Mustang hoods, expedition tailgates, and Caravan hoods, it doesn’t seem to matter what you do, they’re gonna corrode. And when they corrode there’s no real fix, the panels need to be replaced.
    I would absolutely have the frame done but the biggest issue is the body. I’d be very skeptical also of the fasteners coming out of the aluminum in the coming years should the need arise.