Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  30
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Political lawn signs

Political lawn signs

I never allow these.

I came home tonight after a 13 hour day to find that Kathleen Wynne's Liberals placed a sign on my lawn without getting anyone's permission.

What is the appropriate course of action?

Politely call the local candidates office and ask them to pick up the sign. Then remove the sign and tuck it beside your house for them to grab.

Any reaction beyond this would be counter productive and accomplish nothing.

Quick how to video.

First, verify with your wife, relatives living in the home and or voting age children to confirm they didnt give consent, or prepare for a super awkward conversation...sounds like you did that but feel free to ask me how I know that one goes.....

Second would to call your local bylaw office and report a sign placed without consent. Third would then be the call to the local party headquarters to inform them you've notified bylaw enforcement of an improper sign placement and the party should really be coming to claim it quickly as well as brushing up on getting consent and ensuring proper addresses.

Most often cases you've just found out a close neighbors politcal beliefs and someone has really poor ability to read street names and numbers.

Also it's not a single party issue, before that starts

https://globalnews.ca/news/4207394/o...ampaign-signs/
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

Quote Originally Posted by Laffs View Post

Most often cases you've just found out a close neighbors politcal beliefs and someone has really poor ability to read street names and numbers.

In my younger and more alcohol soaked days we used to move signs around constantly, put them out months after the elections etc. We would also call to have parties put them on friends or random people's lawns, especially the really fringe parties. Don't discount a friend pranking you or random bored kids.

Honestly, quick polite call or just throw it in the trash. There is enough stuff to get worked up about, random person who can't read or kids moving signs isn't worth your energy.

And yes, I was old enough to know better.

Put a red circle with a line through it or any WHMIS symbol on it and leave it there.

Personally I’d set it ablaze.

stangstevers
    meh liberals aren't much of a threat now... NDP is much worse and the neo-liberal crowd are at WOT on social media trolling... So much anti-PC stuff going on, I hope people won't fall for it... again...

Is it illegal to take the sign down for some reason, even if it's on your lawn?

I want to find "none of the above" signs!!

2019 Roush Race Red RS3 Mustang GT
    2019 White Jeep Cherokee 4x4 Ltd
    2019 Chevy Equinox AWD

I live on a corner lot, the city owns the property on the other side of the side walk if that makes sense , but I have to take care of it ! they are allowed to put up as many signs as they want, nothing I can do about it, if it was on my property I can remove it or have it removed if it was put there with out my consent ! That's how it rolls !!!
    ~REMEMBER, " life in prison" doesn't mean SHIT to a senior citizen ~ http://www.torontomustangclub.ca/for...4&type=profile