Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  20
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bought a new old truck

Money well spent.

Thats a good looking truck. I wish my SRW had a body half as good as that. I think they built these trucks from old Datsuns..they rot so fast theyre barely broken in and youre replacing rockers and rear wheel arches

Quote Originally Posted by 1986stangfan View Post
    It was lightly oiled before, and since concrete is porous and releases moisture. I figured why not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I park my fox on a tarp for this very reason.. every spring when I pull the car out and remove the tarp, it’s wet. Who knows if the tarp is doing anything but peace of mind I guess.
    '88 LX

Quote Originally Posted by hsousa88 View Post
    I park my fox on a tarp for this very reason.. every spring when I pull the car out and remove the tarp, it’s wet. Who knows if the tarp is doing anything but peace of mind I guess.
    I do the same. I plan to put one under the truck as well

Quote Originally Posted by hsousa88 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 1986stangfan View Post
    I do the same. I plan to put one under the truck as well
    Although I have not done it to this garage yet, my last garage I applied a concrete sealer and then painted it with concrete paint and never had a moisture issue. think materials were around $75
    "Without Warning, Without Conscience"

Congrats on the truck. an f-350 Dually is a beast! A caution tho. We have a 2013 F-450 with the v-10. IT will do just about anything. Strong as an ox!
    But. Big, big, but! Gas mileage is HORRENDOUS!! 33 litres per hundred kilometres, average. We're filling that thing up every day. It was a great deal when we bought it, but I do believe I'll trade in the spring for a diesel.
    1971 Avanti II, 2022 F250 4 dr diesel
    '89 Coupe, ,'F550 Dump
    '21 Bronco 4-door, 22 Mustang vert
    '18 Ecosport, 2018 F-55
    '17 F-250, 96 Mustang GT vert

Quote Originally Posted by Quicksilver View Post
    Congrats on the truck. an f-350 Dually is a beast! A caution tho. We have a 2013 F-450 with the v-10. IT will do just about anything. Strong as an ox!
    But. Big, big, but! Gas mileage is HORRENDOUS!! 33 litres per hundred kilometres, average. We're filling that thing up every day. It was a great deal when we bought it, but I do believe I'll trade in the spring for a diesel.
    I must have gotten a ringer, so far it is as good or better on fuel than my 1/2 tonne 5.3l chev.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Must be...those v10s are known to be god aweful on fuel. Theyre solid as hell but tend to drink heavily.

My 6.0l would get 15-18 mpg if it decided to run.