Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  5

Thread: trying out the Chemical guys

trying out the Chemical guys

Was given some of the chemical guys V series cutting and finishing polishes. Thought I would try it out at the shop today. Washed entire truck, clayed the tailgate, washed the tailgate again, then went to work. Started with the V36 optical grade cutting polish with a lake country orange pad on the PC7424XP. I then finished off the tailgate with some Chemical guys Butter wet wax as a protectant until the 18th. I get stuck at work for 24hrs with nothing to do. SO the entire truck will get a 2 stage(in some places) correction followed by a coat of M21 sealant and topped off with a coat of wax.

These are the results.....

tailgate.JPG

tailgate2.jpeg

and I love how much Metallic there is in the paint.

tailgate 3.jpeg
    "Without Warning, Without Conscience"

Any chance you followed up with a final polish? You may have some holograming on your paint if not. You will need something like V38 if you go with Chemical Guys or equivalent and a polishing pad to complete the task. Other than that it looks good that you got rid of the swirls and scratches.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrape View Post
    Any chance you followed up with a final polish? You may have some holograming on your paint if not. You will need something like V38 if you go with Chemical Guys or equivalent and a polishing pad to complete the task. Other than that it looks good that you got rid of the swirls and scratches.
    Yes I followed up with the V38 and a black pad. Forgot to mention that. I was given a trial pack of V32,34,36 and 38. Was pretty easy to work with, I only ran the polisher at 4.5 as I found any higher the compounds were drying out faster, but with a quick spray of detail spray I could continue on.

Glad to hear that. The Black Pad however is for wax application. You need to use a white pad for the V38.
    Quote Originally Posted by Intmdtr View Post
    Yes I followed up with the V38 and a black pad. Forgot to mention that. I was given a trial pack of V32,34,36 and 38. Was pretty easy to work with, I only ran the polisher at 4.5 as I found any higher the compounds were drying out faster, but with a quick spray of detail spray I could continue on.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrape View Post
    Glad to hear that. The Black Pad however is for wax application. You need to use a white pad for the V38.
    Good to know, will try that out.

checkered demon
    I polish a lot - won over 500 "Best Paint in Show" awards for motorcycles and cars over the last 40 years for my paint work. I use 2 products - Finixia from Belgium and Farecla`from England. They physically transform the paint - all the other shit is dressing or make up.