Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  6
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Storing car with empty gas tank

Quote Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
    Laffs, what type of fuel are you using? Ethanol free or with ethanol? If it's straight gas without ethanol (Shell 91, Costco 91 and Esso 91) there's nothing to worry about. If the fuel you are using does contain ethanol, once the vehicle is sitting for an extended period of time, the fuel will separate which "could" lead to the risk of causing an issue come spring time. Using a fuel stabilizer can greatly help in keeping your fuel fresh during the vehicle's hibernation time.
    Ya I run V-Power 91. I still will probably throw in some stabil as insurance since that fuel has been in the car since June.
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

Duly noted Rick.
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Rider View Post
    If it's in the mail, than he can't give you a ticket for it, that's why they give you the receipt to print out to keep with you as proof...

unless of course you were just telling the cop that, then I guess that's a different story lol
    Really? He didn’t say anything about that... I mentioned that I ordered it online. He was like “yeah I could write you a ticket but I’m a nice guy so I won’t” what a asshat.

+1 on seafoam... that stuff really helped with my girls old crv + the fox. Now my outboard gets it too.
    '88 LX

Quote Originally Posted by Legwound View Post
    I made an access panel for the pump, no more emptying/dropping the tank required to swap pumps. I also did a filter relocate with trunk access panel.

Made sense to me as dropping the tank wit IRS is a bit more work.
    If they'd only left a hair more room to reach the front strap bolts, specially on the drivers side. Best time to change the fuel filter though.

Quote Originally Posted by hsousa88 View Post
    Really? He didn’t say anything about that... I mentioned that I ordered it online. He was like “yeah I could write you a ticket but I’m a nice guy so I won’t” what a asshat.

+1 on seafoam... that stuff really helped with my girls old crv + the fox. Now my outboard gets it too.
    yeah, sounds like he was trying to make it sound like he was doing you a favour...

Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post
    What has GR been talking about non-stop for the last 2 months? Changes the conversation to it no matter what subject you are trying to talk about, LOL.

Hopefully days of dropping it are over.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Rider View Post
    yeah, sounds like he was trying to make it sound like he was doing you a favour...
    He did give him a break, he could have charged him for not having current validation on his plate.

Back to the original topic of the post, has anyone tried Stabil 360? It’s supposed to put an anti-corrosion vapour in your tank. Might be worth trying especially if the tank is low on fuel. It’s my second year using it in my car with nothing bad to report.
    2011 Shelby GT500

Monera3v
    Stored away the boosted stang with less than 60Km and SOME (1/4) bottle of seafoam.
    that way, in the summer I just run over to Petro Canada, run some 94 through the filler neck into the tank
    Empty the tank with mild driving and refill and go boosting!

BOOST BOOST AWAY!