Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  4

Thread: Apple CarPlay

F1Fan

Apple CarPlay

Hello all,
    I am new to the forum having just bought my 2017 GT Premium. Truly a great ride, my second 5.0 after the 1990 I had years ago.

I am just getting over the initial learning curve with all the bells and whistles with no issues but one. I just can’t seem to get Apple CarPlay to work.
    When I plug it in the car does see my iPhone 6, and loads contacts and such, but the “Apple” screen with the Apple Apps does not come up. Sync 3 still maintains its native look. Has anyone else encountered this issue?

Thanks in advance for any help

Unfortunately I can not help you with car play, as I have a 2015, but Welcome to the site and congrats on the new ride.

I am sure someone will come along with an answer
    2024 Mustang GT Premium - Race Red - Performance Package - Nite Pony Package - Active Exhaust - Recaro Seats - Magneride - H-Pipe
    2023 Ford F150 XLT - Agate Black - Powerboost - Black Appearance Package - Black Rhino Atlas Wheels (18X9) - BF Goodrich K02 (275,70,R18)

Congrats on your new ride and welcome to the club.
    Sorry can't help with phone issue either.

Do you have CarPlay enabled on your phone?

Go to settings; general; CarPlay when your phone is plugged in and it should show up. Mine looks like this when not plugged in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “Help me Jesus! Help me Jewish God! Help me Allah! Help me Tom Cruise! Tom Cruise use your witchcraft on me to get the fire off me! Help me Oprah Winfrey!” — Ricky Bobby

You need to enable this on your phone first in the settings and then plug it in. Should work after that.

F1Fan
    I see that page on my phone but nothing like the Apple screen pops up. I just keep seeing the little wheel turning so its looking for something, but never finds it. I am normally very good with any tech issues and often help out others, so I’m rather stumped on this one

Maybe the CarPlay has to be updated. Have you updated your software?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “Help me Jesus! Help me Jewish God! Help me Allah! Help me Tom Cruise! Tom Cruise use your witchcraft on me to get the fire off me! Help me Oprah Winfrey!” — Ricky Bobby

I think it needs to be turned on in the radio as well, I was watching something on Android auto and believe it had to be enabled first

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Try deleting the other connections(if any) on your iPhone making your Stang the 1st priority...

F1Fan
    Ok, got it. I didn’t realize the phone needs to be on the page noted above in reply #4 (thanks CDNfyrfytr). I figured that it might work like Bluetooth without needing to be open to that setting. So it works fine now
    Reason #597 to love my 5.0!