Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  9

Thread: Advise time.

Advise time.

So this guy I know runs a business. Lol. Rents a unit across the street. Has for years. Used mostly for storage. Needing more space to work I... umm. He, talked with the landlord about using it for a wood shop. Wanted to check as the building is shared between commercial and residential tenants.
    Promised to not work at night when people were trying to sleep.

Started off fine until a new tenant moved in right behind. When working on day in the afternoon she starred banging on the wall then came over and asked us to be quiet because she works nights and was trying to sleep. Told her sorry I have to get this done. So then she called the store and complained.

Talked to the landlord. He said well you have been here longer than her and you got to get your work done.

In the interest of nice neighbour I asked what her schedular was and told her I would do my best to work around it. She said she works nights and goes to sleep every day between 3:30 and 4. I said okay I’ll try to work around that.
    Then today as I was working at about 1:30. She called the store and told them I need to keep it down she is trying to sleep.

I need to get stuff done. I have looked for other places to rent. But not found anything yet. The building is zoned commercial residential and legally I only need to adhere to the noise bylaws. Where are something like 7am to 11 pm.
    I can’t waist half a day because I can’t work due to someone next door sleeping.

What would you do?

Club Supporter
    Buy her a set of ear plugs from Shoppers?

Lol it crossed my mind. Trying to be nice but I’m thinking my customers won’t accept “the neighbour had to sleep”as an excuse

You were there first, and the landlord was well aware of your activities.

The new tenant should have checked out the place first because of her unconventional hours. I hate to sound mean spirited, but if one of you has to move Let it be her.
    1971 Avanti II, 2022 F250 4 dr diesel
    '89 Coupe, ,'F550 Dump
    '21 Bronco 4-door, 22 Mustang vert
    '18 Ecosport, 2018 F-55
    '17 F-250, 96 Mustang GT vert

Are you there illegally?
    If not, fuck it, work away!

Quote Originally Posted by Quicksilver View Post
    You were there first, and the landlord was well aware of your activities.

The new tenant should have checked out the place first because of her unconventional hours. I hate to sound mean spirited, but if one of you has to move Let it be her.
    This. Her issue is with the landlord, not you. You can only be so nice but at the end of the day shit needs to get done and you pay rent too.
    If you really wanna be nice (or if she's hot) set up a cot in the store and tell her to go there and take a nap.

Seems to me she's outta gas on this one.

We were are there legally.
    Building is zoned commercial residential. And if we go by the
    Local bylaws the building in question is required to be 60% commercial. Which it’s not it’s maybe 20%.
    However like many small towns that dosnt really get Enforced becasie there just isn’t that many business around any more.

Reminds me of those that buy a home close to a hwy or perhaps airport then bitch about the noise around them.

Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    Reminds me of those that buy a home close to a hwy or perhaps airport then bitch about the noise around them.
    easy fix presented by the locals...just turn the runway the other way...I mean it's not like they are designed at certain degrees on purpose or anything LOL

so...just turn your table saw around...

Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post
    What has GR been talking about non-stop for the last 2 months? Changes the conversation to it no matter what subject you are trying to talk about, LOL.