Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  7

View Poll Results: DO WE NEED A WALKING ZOMBIE LAW HERE?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

19 86.36%
  • NO

3 13.64%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do we need this here?

Do we need this here?

One U.S. city has passed legislation designed to crack down on distracted walking.
    A “Zombie Law” is officially in effect in Honolulu, Hawaii — meaning people who cross the street without looking up from their cell phones can be fined.
    People caught texting or not paying attention while crossing the street, can be fined up to $35 by police.
    That fine jumps to $99 for repeat offenders.
    Honolulu is the first city in the United States to pass legislation targeting distracted walking in a bid to increase road safety.

Step up and be put down Zexhuffer's Avatar
    Hell no. Gov has enough say on what we do

Quote Originally Posted by Not4you View Post
    father of the year ... or so Zexhuffer keeps telling me!!

Another hell no here.
    Just run them over. Pass a law that grants forgiveness to drivers that run over distracted walkers.
    -Don____________

Culling of the herd.
    The nanny state trying to protect humans from themselves.

I’m leaning towards yes. Simply becasie if the government comes up with more taxes on the stupid like this them maybe they will stop raising my taxes on everything else

Quote Originally Posted by 5.4MarkVIII View Post
    I’m leaning towards yes. Simply becasie if the government comes up with more taxes on the stupid like this them maybe they will stop raising my taxes on everything else
    good luck on that...they more they take the more they spend/give away.

I hear you guys but in the same breath can't help but think about the haunting story my buddy on Toronto Fire told me last summer about a young women who walked into the side of a turning tractor trailer and was caught up under the rear wheels for several blocks. Driver had no idea she was under there until another driver frantically waved n pulled him over. The result, a young life cut short, driver traumatized to the point of taken away in an ambulance and others left behind to wash her remains up off the street. As much as they as professionals see it, doesn't mean it doesn't hit home.
    So senseless and so preventable, witnesses said she had headphones on / looking down at her phone and just stepped off the sidewalk.

WTF
    I commute daily using my feet and the TTC subway....and I see countless numbers of these zombies everywhere, every weekday

and I see all of this, probably because I don't own one of these evil, mind-sucking devises

lost count how many times some doofus couldn't take their eyes off their phone and walked right through an intersection on a red light......luckily traffic barely moves downtown or there would be many more of these folks in caskets by now

would love to see cops handing out tickets to these people....they're fucking dangerous

and I'd bet the lines at places like Tim Horton's would move a ton faster if all these fucking zombies could put the damn phone away for the time it takes to stand in line, wait to be called and then place an order....every morning there's some asshole who can't take their eyes off there phone standing in the front of the line daft as fuck with the Timmy's girl trying to get their attention to come and place their order......sooner than later we're gonna have "No Phone Zones"....mark my words on that

put the fucking phones away....have a nice peaceful stroll, smell the damn roses and enjoy the weather

A private member's bill to be put forward by Ontario Liberal MPP Yvan Baker aims to curb distracted walking in the province. The move follows one U.S. city's vote that passed a historic law banning pedestrians from looking down at their smartphones while crossing the street.
    Baker, MPP for Etobicoke Centre, told CBC Toronto he was inspired by Hawaii's largest city, Honolulu, which adopted its so-called "zombie law" earlier this month. It cracks down on people who are texting or not paying attention while crossing the street. They can be fined up to $35, or even more for repeat offenders.

"The purpose of this bill, first of all really, is to just raise awareness," Baker said, noting that pedestrians need to understand the risks of having their eyes glued to their mobile devices when they step off the curb.
    "Experts tell us that if you are distracted while you're crossing the street, looking down at your phone, then you're at risk of hurting yourself and maybe hurting somebody else, as well."
    The "Phones Down, Heads Up Act" will be tabled at Queen's Park on Monday.

LOL