Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  17
Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Things i don't like about my 2017 ram 1500

Things i don't like about my 2017 ram 1500

Kind of bored at work so i decided to make a list about things i don't like about my Ram.
    So I traded my 2013 F150 Lariat for a White 2017 ram 1500 Laramie with the Hemi engine, I like a lot of things about this truck but there are some things that bother me.
    Don't get me wrong this is an awesome truck but it does have a few shortcomings in my opinion.

Rant #1- I feel like I am seating too high compared with the F150, like the seats on the Ram don't lower enough, i just can't get comfortable in it.
    Rant #2- The gas cap, why is there a gas cap , ford stopped using them back in 2010 I think.
    Rant #3- My Ram is very noisy inside, sometimes I think they forgot to install the soundproofing in it.
    Rant #4- Ride quality is rough compared to my F150
    Rant #4- Brakes are already pulsating, I do drive it hard but it shouldn't be happening at 12,000 Km's
    Rant #5- When coasting I get some gear lash on downshifts, took it to the dealer and they say its normal, I guess I have to wait to see if it gets worse.
    Last edited by N89; 11-02-2017 at 02:58 PM.

Only things I've noticed / fell short

-mirrors, can't see objects right down beside the truck, convex helped but not much.
    -yup, from the fussiest prick on the face of the earth, thats it.

Mine is extremely quiet inside...of course anything is quiet to me compared to either of my Mustangs so... LOL

although with that being said, I took a friend down to Newmarket lastnight to pick his car up at the dealer and he actually said "wow, I can't believe how quiet this thing is" so I don't know maybe they did screw up your weather stripping or something? Maybe the new 2017's are built piss poor? Dunno, mines a '15 and don't have any of those problems...

And the ride quality is way better than my Friends F150...now with that being said his is just a base model and mine a foot and a half longer being crew cab with long box so maybe that has something to do with it?

Sorry to hear you don't like it man...I absolutely love mine!!

and I'm not sure what gear lash is...so I don't have a comment for that one LOL

Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post
    What has GR been talking about non-stop for the last 2 months? Changes the conversation to it no matter what subject you are trying to talk about, LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Rider View Post
    ...of course anything is quiet to me compared to either of my Mustangs so... LOL
    -Don____________

Mustang Occasionally
    I find my F150 rides a bit too rough for my liking. I think it's the FX4 option and how the suspension is tuned. My 2015 was noticeably easier on the bumps in the road.

Don't take this thread the wrong way please, I love the truck, not regretting the purchase at all, this are just a few small things I noticed. Trust me the list of things I like about it would be huge compared to the things I don't like.

Fair enough.

I should add, Ross hates how far it goes between fuel stops, no more large drinks he says.

Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    I should add, Ross hates how far it goes between fuel stops, no more large drinks he says.
    Lol, yep fuel savings would be #1 on my list, it costs me about $110 to fill up compared to my F150 at $150.

^^^any pics of it, what colour did you get?

Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post
    What has GR been talking about non-stop for the last 2 months? Changes the conversation to it no matter what subject you are trying to talk about, LOL.